Duck Hunting Forum banner

Best Swan/Goose recipe ever!!!!

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  BearRiverBanded 
#1 ·
This recipe takes time but is very worth the effort as myself and my children don't always like the game my husband brings home.

1st Preheat oven to 320 F

2nd Take swan or goose breast and slice in half to get about 1/2 inch thick slab of meat....and tenderize it then flip and tenderize again....

3rd Dip breast in two beaten eggs then into the following mixture: 1 cup flower, 1/2 tsp of garlic salt, 1/2 teaspoon of pepper, 1/2 tsp of onion powder.

4th once breast is coated in flower mixture melt in a frying pan 2 tbs of butter. Once butter is heated add breasts to frying pan and place gently starting at closest side and ending away from you.... Brown both sides of breasts.

5th in a 9x13 glass casserole dish mix two cans of cream of mushroom soup, and two cans of golden mushroom soup, (the latter is difficult to find sometimes).

6th slice a red onion and fry in a little butter..

7th place fried swan or goose breasts in soup mixture so soup is below and above breasts. On top of it all put the fried onions and cover with tin foil

Bake at 320 F for 2 hrs...Make sure plenty of gravy towards the end.

This recipe is amazing on elk...deer...bear...and even ducks...It adds a lot to the flavor of the meat and makes it palatable. Because of the tenderizing and long moist cooking the meat comes out very soft and has picked up the better flavors of the onion, mushroom and salt and pepper. This beats the recipes I've tried for jerky duck.... I think this is how we will eat our water fowl now... It is a recipe that I had for cubed steak.

Enjoy!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.