Sum Goose

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Sum Goose

Postby greenster » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:29 pm

Just wondering how yall cook your goose I jsut started the goose hunting Well jumping flocks up first time i ahd goose meat so i was j/w how yall cooked it. We dont get too many geese way down here in South AR

I got what we class blues, Ross
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ks_waterfowler » Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:24 pm

Jerky

also check the kabobs recipe I had earlier. Great for all wild game. May want to add some meat tenderizer too it.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Re: Sum Goose

Postby whitefeather » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:56 pm

greenster wrote:Just wondering how yall cook your goose I jsut started the goose hunting Well jumping flocks up first time i ahd goose meat so i was j/w how yall cooked it. We dont get too many geese way down here in South AR

I got what we class blues, Ross

Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:27 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I served these and even the women were tearing them up:
1. merinade duck breasts in 1/2 soy sauce and 1/2 worcester sauce overnight
2. cook a lot of bacon just so it's not quite done, still limp(don't dump the grease)
3. pound out a duck breast as flat as a big pancake
4. take a couple of kernals of jalepeno cheese curd and sprinkle them into the center of the flattened duck breast
5. add a slice or two of mushroom and/or jalepeno (both if you do this with geese)
6. season with Cavenders greek steak seasoning
7. lay a piece of limp bacon on the cutting board and set the filled duck breast on it, roll it up
8. stick a toothpick through the middle
9. using your bacon grease add a little butter, some crushed garlic, and a small amount of white wine
10. place the rolled duck in and fry and turn meat until the duck meat is cooked
11. I also make a horshradish salsa that will knock your socks off when you dip the duck roll ups in it
12. Served best with domestic beers
whitefeather
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking