Duck Hunting Forum banner

duck suasage

362 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Indaswamp 
#1 ·
any one have any good duck sausage recopies they can share? any tips would be great too! can i use ground pork to mix in? i plan to buy the meat grinding attachment to the kitchen aide mixer or a small electric meat grinder with a stuffing attachment. thank you!

#2 ·
Yes use pork. I use a Boston butt and wright brand bacon. Do a search on the forum for Indaswamps goose breakfast sausage. I used his recipe and it turned out really good. I used all divers and mergies in my batch.

I also used my kitchen aide mixer with the grinding attachment and it worked well. Just make sure you clean the grinding plates because it will get clogged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
tmclaimerFL said:
What kind of beef did you use? I don't think I have ever had any beef sausage to my knowledge.

Some summer sausage are beef and dry type sticks, the Jewish make all their sausage out of beef and it's all freaking awesome had it in Montreal. I use fatty cuts like chuck and go to the local butcher and buy beef fat. I tried this because duck sometimes has that liver hint or iron from being lean and bloody. The beef has a stronger flavor and works well.

#6 ·
tmclaimerFL said:
Yes use pork. I use a Boston butt and wright brand bacon. Do a search on the forum for Indaswamps goose breakfast sausage. I used his recipe and it turned out really good. I used all divers and mergies in my batch.

I also used my kitchen aide mixer with the grinding attachment and it worked well. Just make sure you clean the grinding plates because it will get clogged.

:thumbsup: x2 on the breakfast sausage. We've gone thru 15 lbs of it this year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.