My first successful duck experiment

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

My first successful duck experiment

Postby Kyee » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:37 pm

I have been trying different ways to cook my ducks for some time now, and nothing that i have tried has really worked for me until now.

I first soaked the breasts in cherry coke overnight. I normally use regular coke, but i didn't have any around and didn't want to run and buy some. I don't know if this had any effect on the turnout but i would imagine not. I have found that this is the most important thing in helping with the taste of the duck

next i rinsed the meat off and marinated it with lowrys premade teriyaki marinade for about four hours. the bottle suggests 30-60 minutes, but i figured more is better.

finally I grilled the duck, putting more marinade on as it cooked to keep it moist

the result was the most tender, juicy and flavorful duck meat that i have ever had. Just as a side note, we had redheads and one gadwall that we were cooking. I think that the species of bird makes a big difference.

next week I am going to try the lemmon marinade and see how it works.

try it out for yourself and let me know what you think.
Kyee
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking