Best Duck Recipe of All Time

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Re: Best Duck Recipe of All Time

Postby shootable Goose » Tue May 24, 2011 5:27 pm

my favorite thing to do is chop a few duck breast into small bite sized peices. and just fry it up in a pan with alot of butter, garlic and anything else you wanna add
Bill Herian wrote:I would rather decoy ducks, but geese, geese are another story. Jump shooting geese is like playing dodgeball with fat kids. And I love dodgeball.
shootable Goose
hunter

Postby strutbuster217 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:39 am

Duck Treats
Take 1 and 1/2 cups milk
3/4 cups mustard
mix these ingredients together sprinkle with garlic powder and tony's creole seasoning
cut duck breast into 1 inch strips or so let the strips sit on the counter at room tempfor 20 mins. or soThis opens the pours in the meat which helps absorb the mix.
Then marinade for 20 mins at room temp in the mustard /milk mix.
Get yourself some dales seasoning marinade about a quarter cup pull the meat just dip them in wrap with bacon stick it with a tooth pic grill and you'll love I bet you.

I have ate every fowl you can image even mergansers like this and all and all they aren't too shabby!!!!!!
strutbuster217
hunter

Postby troutbum43 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:07 pm

Take a bell pepper, cut the top off like a jack-o-latern and hollow it out. Pre-cook some bacon in a pan, set aside. Flash fry strips of duck meat in the bacon grease, cook it about 1/2 done. Should be seared on the outside but still raw on the inside. Then, stuff the bottom of the bell pepper with bleu cheese. Once about 1/3 full of blue cheese, add in the strips of duck breast and chunks of bacon. Top off with more bleu cheese. Then put the top back in the hole of the bell pepper and BBQ the stuffed bell pepper for about 8 minutes. The bleu cheese will melt inside the bell pepper, mix with the pepper juice and fondue the duck to fully cooked and tender inside the bell pepper. Serve with some rice and bread to sop up all the good juice that will come out when you cut it up on your plate! :hi:
Conserve, promote, protect and enhance...then harvest!
troutbum43
hunter

Postby justasign » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:31 pm

If you are able to pluck a duck then I have a way to cook it that is real good!
get yourself a fruits and veggies, I use carrots, apples, celery, cranberrys, and potatos.
marinate cut up vegies big enough to put in cavity of bird in red or white wine, which ever you like and apple cider.
take a apple and potato and quarter them and throw them in a pot.
Boil big bot of salt water, lots of salt!
once boiling put duck(s) in pot for about 5 mins or until boiling starts again.
take out and let cool
stuff duck with marinated veggies and fruits.
Take a strip or two of bacon and make and X on the breast of the duck and stick it with a tooth pick.
place duck in a throw away oven roster with left over veggies and fruits, wine and apple cider ( just enough juice and wine to keep duck moist.)
cook at 300 for about an hour or so.
serve over wild rice.
justasign
hunter

Postby BootsUpDucks2121 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:22 pm

Duck Jager Schnitzel (hunter schnitzel).

4 duck breasts
1/2 lb mushrooms (any kind works , if you can get morrels like we do here in michigan, do it. )
1 large white onion
3-4 cloves garlic
Butter or oil for frying
Store or home made roux
Beef stock

1.First heat a small amount of oil on medium/low , pound duck breasts flat to a thickness of about 1/4 inch. Drege in flour, dip in egg wash and then coat in bread crumbs. Fry duck "cutlets" in sufficient butter or oil until golden brown.
2.Remove duck breasts from pan and add in sliced mushrooms, onion and garlic, cook until carmamelized.
3.Pour in 1/4 cup of wine to deglace pan. Add 1/2 of beef broth and mix in 1 tsp roux ( butter and flour) to thinken sauce. (season sauce to taste, I add rosemary and pepper in)
4. Serve cutled covered in mushroom/onion/garlic gravy with mashed potatoes or whichever starch you prefer and some green beans.
"There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes"
BootsUpDucks2121
hunter

Postby utduck » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:27 am

Brine the duck in salt water for a day. The soak in butter milk for three days. Changing out the buttermilk every day.
Lay out breast to dry. Pat dry with paper towel. Then sprinkle with salt peper and oregano. Then dip in a battered egg and roll in breadcrumbs mixed with italian spices. Then heat up some olive oil and fry just enough to get some color. Take out of pan and put in large oven dish. Cover with parmessian cheese and bake for 15-25 min on 350. Serve over pasta with a tomato sauce.

That'd what I make for picky eaters.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
utduck
hunter

Postby ducklife88 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:20 pm

:clapping:
Last edited by ducklife88 on Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ducklife88
hunter

Postby ffmcfaull » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:34 pm

Breakfast burritos
I like to make a brine with chili powder, salt, pepper, garlic, Italian seasoning, etc.
Marinated in the fridge with ice as long as you want.
Chop to bite size pieces. Fry on high with olive oil til med rare.
Add to eggs potatoes and cheese. Top with salsa inside a warm tortilla. Enjoy
Watching one sunrise at a time
ffmcfaull
hunter

Postby Jones co Ducker » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:39 pm

Woodies marinated in Del's and grilled med rare just like a ribeye said my dad
Last edited by Jones co Ducker on Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WTN10 wrote:Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?

jehler wrote: Beginning of the season cyber scouters, whiney teenage drama queens and zombie trolls take their toll.
Jones co Ducker
hunter

Postby callem_killem_cookem » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:43 pm

this is a recipe that i learned. I love it a little up class and time consuming but well worth it.
Take your duck breasts and pound them flat. soak in a saltwater/sugar solution over night. dry the breasts off and pat dry. grind pistachios up into breading size add some grated parmsean cheese, course black pepper,garlic powder,and sea salt. give breasts a egg bath and coat in above mixture. Pan fry in butter/olive oil mix. brown some butter to pour over breasts when done and serve with mashed potatoes and veggie...DELICIOUS!!!! :thumbsup:
Pro staff member of LEG IRON CALLS, RIG EM RIGHT & HEVI-SHOT
callem_killem_cookem
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:21 pm

I'm gunna have to bring my pc to the clubhouse and try these recipes. They're gunna love me. :yes:
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Grilled Breasts

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:53 am

Ingredients
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
8 skinned, boned duck breast halves

Directions
1.If you don't like the duck/mud taste of them, soak them in salt water for at least a day. Stir together the Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, hot sauce, garlic, and pepper. Add the duck breasts, and toss well to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to overnight.

2.Preheat a grill for medium-high heat.

3.Grill the duck to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium-well, depending on the size of the breast, and the temperature of the grill.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby Jones co Ducker » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:37 pm

Just about any way on the grill is good as long as its not overdone
WTN10 wrote:Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?

jehler wrote: Beginning of the season cyber scouters, whiney teenage drama queens and zombie trolls take their toll.
Jones co Ducker
hunter

Postby westjw2 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:50 am

Not the greatest recipe ever created but one that I grew up on and would happily have as a last meal if I am ever given the choice.

Woodduck (killed within the last hour or two)
Salt, Pepper
chopped onion
bacon
eggs
toast

Saute bacon, remove to drain. In bacon grease, brown duck (MR!!!) and onions, set aside. Eggs over EASY. Toast, black berry jelly.
westjw2
hunter

Postby duckkiller35 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:06 pm

you should try to butterfly and stuff with boudain and wrap with bacon and jalapeno with coarse black pepper and smoke them on grill dont get any better than that
duckkiller35
Newb

Postby rabbitdundied » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:46 pm

Duck Breast Confit'
by rabbitdundied » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:56 am

This is a must try recipe'.

Pluck breast
Cut the skin around the breast, be careful to cut a larger piece of skin than the breast as it will shrink when cooked. I cut all the way up onto the neck and way below the breast area.
Burn off any small feathers left on skin.

1. Rub Salt and Black Pepper into both sides of the breast.
2. "Most Important" start with a cold skillet with no oil.
3. Place breast in pan skin side down. Cook as low as the stove will allow you to. This will cause the fat to render out of the breast.
4. Cook low and slow until all fat renders out and the skin is crispy. 10-20 minutes is not uncommon. The skin will taste like bacon and the fat is simply the best fat in nature.

5. When the skin is crispy turn breast and brown the other side. "Note the more well done you cook the breast the more gamey it will taste." I cook the breast for a minute and a half on the other side, which is just enough to brown.
6. Remove from heat and allow the breast to rest for 5 minutes before cutting. "This keeps the juices from running out when cutting and keeps the breast moist."
7. Slice thinly on the bias.

Serve with steak sauce or hollandaise.

This is the easiest and best way to serve a duck and would cost $30.00 for a small serving.
rabbitdundied
hunter

Previous

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking