duck+bacon=awsome

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

duck+bacon=awsome

Postby ctbduck » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:49 pm

Take a breast from a duck of your choosing, butterfly it, but cut it all the way in half. Lay one side of the breast down and put a layer of stuffing on it than lay the other breast on top. take two strips of bacon and wrap it around the breast putting a toothpick it to hold it in place... bake it at about 315 degrees until the bacon is done, the duck should be about medium. The bacon dripping grease onto the duck should keep it moist enough. Like I always say...if bacon is involved, it can only make things better.
ctbduck
hunter

Postby duckhunter054 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:31 pm

I had duck this way for the first time last weekend and loved it, i normaly just make it into jerkey, but i will have it this way for sure from now on. The only thing we did diffrent is we did not stuff it with anything but that sounds good, we used thick pepper bacon and cooked it on the grill. Wonderful food.
Season Totals 2009:
Geese: 2
Mallards:5
Teal:3
Wood Ducks:0
Ringnecks:0
Bufflehead:
Readheads:5
Wiegon:10
Ruffed Grouse: 0
duckhunter054
hunter

Postby cuppedup50 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:54 pm

thats hwo i do mine but on the grill... n its pretty tasty. mmmmm
cut em.
cuppedup50
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:56 pm

What kind of stuffing you put in there?
This is the Internet. This is serious.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby cuppedup50 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:42 pm

i dont put any i just put the breasts and the bacon on the grill...then enjoy.
cut em.
cuppedup50
hunter

Postby mainecanoe » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:07 pm

Very good. Just don't overcook them in the oven. You can crisp up the bacon under the broiler at end.
mainecanoe
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:45 am

you're missing a key ingredient, a jalapeno.

You can do it in the oven, but I usually put 1/2 a jalapeno on it, wrap it in bacon, then shake some Tony Chacheries (however you spell it) on there.

If you grill it over mesquite wood, you will get an even better taste to it.

When I'm feeling real good, a buddy of mine has a BBQ finishing sauce that he uses on brisket and ribs, but you can put it on chicken, pork, duck, almost anything you grill.

I'll start another thread with that recipe.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby ctbduck » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:00 am

As far as stuffing goes just chicken stuffing. You could also make it homemade which is always better.
ctbduck
hunter

Postby gwperry2 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:52 am

This is how I make mine cut the duck into pieces about the size of a chicken nugget. Then put all the pieces into teriyaki sauce for about an hour or 2. Get your self some jalapenos cut in half of 1/4's ( or you can use any kind of pepper ) lay the pepper on the piece of duck then wrap in bacon use a tooth pick to hold to gether and bbq or bake until the bacon is cook. This will be a crowd favorite.
gwperry2
hunter

recipie

Postby allgreenhead » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:58 pm

like said above cut it in half lentght wise put onion, jalepano, a slice of cheese, then wrap it in bacon. that is the best way
allgreenhead
hunter

Postby billy bob » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:54 pm

i like to marinade mine in picanti sauce whishtershower, wickers dales steak marinade, and meat alegro meat tenderizer on occassions wrap it in bacon and grill that makes it slap yo gradma good please forgive me of my spelling it tastes better then :spam:
if its workin then why try to fix it
billy bob
hunter

Postby duckhnter4life » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:08 pm

the BEST way to have them!

I ussually marinade mine in italian dressing for about a day and ahalf and then pound it flat and wrap it around a slice of jalapeno and a thick slice of pepperjack sheese and wrap that in bacon and cook the same way yall do. Funny you make this topic becuase I had this last night!! It was AWSOME!! I also like it in gumbo(im from south louisiana)
Justin

1-specklebelly
1-mallard
1-blue wing teal
1-grey duck
3-wood ducks
(only been out twice)
duckhnter4life
hunter

Postby Duckman55 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:18 pm

gwperry2 wrote:This is how I make mine cut the duck into pieces about the size of a chicken nugget. Then put all the pieces into teriyaki sauce for about an hour or 2. Get your self some jalapenos cut in half of 1/4's ( or you can use any kind of pepper ) lay the pepper on the piece of duck then wrap in bacon use a tooth pick to hold to gether and bbq or bake until the bacon is cook. This will be a crowd favorite.

I do something similar, only my marinade is 1 shot of bourbon, 1 cup soy sauce and a jar of apricot jam. add pepper. the sweet jam is a nice mix with the bacon and pepper...mmmm- good.
Arise, kill & eat. (Acts 11:7)
Duckman55
hunter

Postby ClintV » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:33 pm

Mine is similar to ya'lls, except I leave the breast halves whole. (mostly woodies and teal here)
fillet the breasts off the ribcage
wrap each half in bacon and secure with a toothpick
marinate in teriyaki for a couple of hours
grill until the bacon is done and the duck is medium rare

here's the difference, and it sounds terrible...until ya try it. :thumbsup:
just before you serve the duck, slice the breasts into medallions and place them on the serving plate, overlapping each other.
then put a couple of tablespoons of red raspberry preserves in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds until it turns into a syrup.
drizzle the syrup over the duck as you put it on the table.

I've had folks that swear they'd never eat another duck come back for seconds and thirds with this recipe.

(Another variation I really like is to marinade in Mojo Criollo and skip the raspberry.)
ClintV
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking