duck cooking tips please

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

duck cooking tips please

Postby pinop26 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:19 pm

hey guys, on the last outing me and the guys got a few teal. we came home and breasted em and soaked em in salt water for a day to get the blood out of them and then rinsed them and put them in the freezer.

so, i'm not a cook at all. and really don't want to mess these up. so whats a good easy way to cook them. what should i soak them im and if i should add something else, what and how much. lol you can never put in too much detail, cause if i can screw it up...i will. thanks fellas.
pinop26
hunter

Postby brucetonbottombandit » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:29 pm

marinate for 5-6 hours in allegro marinade cut each breast in narrow strip(teal usually 2) roll up put on a toothpick. roll bacon around and grill over charcoal and hickory chunks till medium rare. Can't beat it.
Also tried a good fajita recipe from Huntfishcook.com
brucetonbottombandit
hunter

Postby PBR Me » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:04 am

My first ducks this year were blue wing teal. Breasted 'em. I didn't bother to soak in salt water but I did give them a good rinsing. That evening I drizled a little olive oil on them (rub it around so it gives a light coat), sprinkled on some salt and pepper and cooked them over a hot grill. I didn't grill them long, really just a good sear on each side so that they were medium rare. Those little breasts don't take long to cook. There were awesome, tasted like little beef tenderloins. The parts that cooked too long did have a little gamey taste, but all it all the family and the neighbors liked it.
PBR Me
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking