What to serve with duck for large group...

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

What to serve with duck for large group...

Postby Naturegirl » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:10 am

Hubby is a fire fighter and his station says they all hate duck (so common from everyone who doesn't know how to cook it). He wants to cook our favorite recipe for them and show them how good it can be. I'm not exactly sure what all he does with this recipe, but I know he soaks the meat in a pan on a very slow heat in soda (yes soda) and then grills it. It was sooooo good. Even our 13 yo girl who hates all things killed loved it and wanted more.

The problem is this. He has a lot of guys at his station (10) and they eat A LOT! We don't have enough duck to feed them just duck. We usually do potatoes and a veggie with this meal, but he was wondering if there is another meat that could be served with the duck that would be good to make a full meal since the duck won't be enough by itself. Plus to be honest, I don't want him taking all of our duck and feeding them. Sorry, but I love it too and don't want to spend all season to feed his station. I can be stingy with our meat.

Any ideas on something that would help make this a complete meal?
Naturegirl
hunter

Postby brassass » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:56 pm

deer burgers compliment my duck sometimes at my house. I would think regular burgers or brats with beer, maybe some pork backstrap etc.

Just keep it simple have a backup plan for them if they don't like the duck, some just won't like it.

hope that helps
brassass
Forum & State Moderator

Postby HENDU3270 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:58 pm

I was thinking pork tenderloin. You could probably cook it the same as you describe the duck.
Fishing was invented to pass the time between Duck Seasons....either duck hunt or get outa my boat!!
HENDU3270
Forum & State Moderator

Postby cuppedup50 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:56 pm

deer is good with anything i'd go with that if you got some. i ate some deer minute steaks last night and they were awesome.
cut em.
cuppedup50
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking