quick and easy duck

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

quick and easy duck

Postby paduckkiller » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:15 am

Soak duck breast and legs in soy sauce for 1 hour to 1 day (the longer you soak the stronger the soy flavor gets, it can be salty so start out at 1 hour and go from there until you find your liking), after soaking put the meat in a Forman Grill and cook for 5-8 min. depending on how well done you like your duck. If you don't have a Forman Grill, put the meat on a regular grill or in a frying pan. This has a salty, sweet flavor that I find very good and it is easy and quick to make.
If you just eat the breast meat of a duck, you really should take the legs out too. There is more meat there than you may think. To do this peel the skin back, down to the knee of the bird (where the skin starts), then dislocate the hip and cut through the meat there, then break the leg just above the knee and cut. It takes less than a minute for each leg and even on teal there is a nice bit of meat there. Waste not, want not. Enjoy.
paduckkiller
hunter

Re: quick and easy duck

Postby bluewing77 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:04 am

paduckkiller wrote:, you really should take the legs... There is more meat there than you may think. Waste not, want not. Enjoy.

amen brother! shame on all duck leg wasters!
bluewing77
hunter

Postby mainecanoe » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:09 pm

we tried this tonight. Unbelievably good! Served pink in the middle. I'll make this one again.
mainecanoe
hunter

Postby paduckkiller » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:54 pm

I'm glad you liked it. I make most of my ducks this way and the best thing about it is that it is very simple and quick.
paduckkiller
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:01 pm

sounds delicious. now if only i could kill some ducks...
Do a barrel roll.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Thanks

Postby deepcycle » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:00 pm

I am going to try your recipe this weekend I will make a few addtions and get back with the results.
deepcycle
hunter

good

Postby paduckkiller » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:48 pm

Sounds good to me, just remember they will get saltier the longer you soak them in the soy. I like mine a little on the salty side, so I soak them longer. I started putting a little A-1 on, after making them. More ingredients would be good if you can come up with some. Let us know. Enjoy.
paduckkiller
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking