just had the best way to cook duck

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

just had the best way to cook duck

Postby ugly ford » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:35 pm

i took the breast from teal, wood duck, mallard, and ring bill, after soaking the breast for 24 hours in milk i pounded them flat with a meat mallet. a nice 1/4" wide slice of jalapeno laid it in the middle of the flattened breast. on top of the jalapeno i put cream cheese. rolled it up so it was only one layer and then rapped in bacon. secured with plenty of tooth picks. put on my George foreman till bacon was done. i had no idea that duck could be so d#@n good. :thumbsup: cant wait to try this with some pheasant.
if you can read this thank a teacher, if you can read this in english thank a veteran.

MIA POW YOU ARE NOT FORGOTTIN

there is nothing more deadly then a MARINE and his rifle!
ugly ford
hunter

Postby R. Toker » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:04 am

I agree!! We cooked up some woodies last Sunday in this fashion. They were excellent.
Lynch Mob Calls
Gander Valley Custom Calls
Beretta AL 391 Urika2 28"
Carlson's LM Choke
Kent Fasteel
Beretta SV10 Prevail III 32"
WATERFOWL AND SPORTING CLAYS!!!
R. Toker
hunter

Postby ctbduck » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:07 am

I was just going to say you should incorporate some cheese into that, but than i saw the cream cheese... wow that sounds amazing. Ugly Ford I didnt think people from minnesota had it in them, but great job. :rofl: just kiddin
ctbduck
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking