Duck Leftovers

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Duck Leftovers

Postby fowl tude » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:45 pm

Just had some jelopano and bacon wrapped mallard for supper, delicious. Only problem is I made to much. Anyone have any ideas as how to enjoy it the next day as leftovers. Not real sure if nuking it is the best idea. Thanks for the inpute.
We talk fowl round here
fowl tude
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:43 am

Sounds nasty, but they actually taste better cold the next day. You nuke them, and it just funks them up and dries them out worse than the refrigerator.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby fowl tude » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:51 pm

I took the chance and nuked one tonight for supper, it was just as good as last night. Might freshen them up with a little bbq.
We talk fowl round here
fowl tude
hunter

too much

Postby Shooter1 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:33 pm

I usually cook more than needed. I use left over to make duck gumbo, chilli, or dice your filet mix with mushrooms, apple juice and lea & perrins, cover with mozzarella cheese and bake in oven. Great appetizer.
Good Times
Shooter1
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking