recipies?

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

recipies?

Postby duckhunting101 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:08 am

when you shoot ducks and geese how do you cook them
duckhunting101
hunter

Postby duckslayer727 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:03 pm

My favorite recipe is simple. If you have a few duck breasts, I fillet them in half again, then season with sea salt, garlic powder, and fresh ground black pepper both sides. In a covered skillet heat a stick of butter, or half stick depending on the size of your skillet. once the butter is melted and hot, Med-heat, then I drop in the fillets, about one and a half to two minutes on each side covered. Just make sure they are done all the way through, again the butter has to be hot not just melted. If you really want to clog your arteries then add a slice or two of bacon to the skillet, once the bacon is frying good then add your duck fillets. What ever you do don't share this recipe with you family doctor!!

P.S. as a special treat, whoever does the cooking gets to eat the bacon!!
Why does work always get in the way of hunting?
duckslayer727
hunter

Postby mallard molester » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:08 pm

that sounds pretty good I think I will try that :thumbsup:
mallard molester
hunter

Postby duckjumper » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:06 pm

I have a bunch of different ways to cook ducks and geese here. But the simplest way is to cook the breasts like a steak -- never let it go beyond medium, though. It'll taste like liver if you overcook it.
I love all of God's creatures, properly prepared.
duckjumper
hunter

Postby D-FOWL » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:11 am

I like em grilled to about med rare and a couple of beers to wash them down :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
landing gear down wings locked. take em!!
D-FOWL
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:19 pm

put a 1/2 or 1/4 slice of jalapeno on top of the breast, wrap it in bacon, throw it on the grill.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking