looking for a good duck stew recipe

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

looking for a good duck stew recipe

Postby mattm25tx » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:56 am

Does anyone have a good duck stew recipe that I can throw into the crockpot. I got a few breasts left over from last season I wanted to get rid of. If anything I was gonna make a witches brew and see how it turns out.
Matts Mobile Marine Service

If your not living life on the edge you are taking up too much room
mattm25tx
hunter

goose

Postby Weedwacker » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:11 am

suggestion.
I take the goose and duck, put in crock pot with fresh brewed strong coffee, cover the meat. Put a cut up onion in if you would like.

Cook low for 4-6 hours, pull meat out and throw away the liquid.

Then put your stew items in crock, carrots, celery, onions and potatoes with your normal seasoning, cook as you would. One hour prior to done, add meat back in and cook low for one hour.

the coffee breaks down the meat and makes it fall apart tender.

enjoy.
It's not just a duck boat, it is a tatical platform for opportunity- weedwacker 101

Preserve game and hunt with a trained dog- NAVHDA

"In looking back thru his posts over there he kind of thinks of himself as the zen of all things fowl."
Weedwacker
hunter

awesome stew

Postby kansasduckhunter » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:53 pm

THis is the best recipie I've ever had. We normally use goose but have used duck also. My daughter is a picky eater and last year she asked for goose stew for her birthday. She was 15 years old heres the link!

http://www.backwoodsbound.com/zgoos6.html

PS don't skip any ingredients. Even if you don't like turnips. You really can't see them or taste them.
kansasduckhunter
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking