What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Postby Wilsona018 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:36 pm

Last edited by Wilsona018 on Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wilsona018
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:38 am

Put a slice on either side of the breast bone. Slide a jalepeno in the slices. Wrap in bacon and grill. Will be cooking up some I found in the freezer last night later today
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby MacAttack » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:36 pm

had that last night and it was soooooo gooooood :salude:
MacAttack
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:47 pm

ks_waterfowler wrote:Put a slice on either side of the breast bone. Slide a jalepeno in the slices. Wrap in bacon and grill. Will be cooking up some I found in the freezer last night later today

I've done the same thing with Bobwhite Qual, only we smoked em with the jalapeno.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby 107cain » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:33 pm

Here's one to try. I had this passed on to me. ENJOY!

Ingredients:

12-18 dove breast
3 large potatoes
1 large white onion
1 stick of butter
1 gallon of whole milk (can use skim or 2% if you wish)
1 bag of soup crackers or box saltine crackers

Parboil the dove breast in water to cook the meat. Takes about 10 mins once boiling starts. While the dove breast are boiling, cube the three large potatoes and dice the onion. Hold out about a 1/3 of the onion for adding raw to the stew after done if you choose. In another pot, big enough for all ingredients and 1 gallon of milk (about 8-12 quart size), add the potatoes and onions to just enough water to cover them and boil to cook until potatoes are done but firm. I like to cook them until the potatoes are just slightly raw in the middle of the cubes, they will continue cooking in the stew later.

Once dove breast are done and while potatoes/onions cook, seperate dove breast from the bone by peeling and tearing into bite size pieces. Set aside until potatoes and onions are done.

Now that you have your potatoes and onion cooked, drain off the water and add the dove meat to the pot. Add 1 gallon of milk, whole stick of butter, and salt and pepper to taste (tabasco if you are brave but I would recommend adding that to your own bowl to taste). You can season more later as it heats up if you want to start light on the salt, pepper.

SLOWLY heat the stew until it is hot. Do not allow it to boil as the milk will curdle. I usually heat at low heat for about 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Make sure the stew does not scorch on the bottom of the pot as this will ruin the flavor. Once it is hot, you are ready to eat!

I love this stew on a cold day while camping/hunting! The raw onions and crackers are nice additions.
107cain
www.outdoorculinary.com
"Some days you're the bug.
Some days you're the windshield."
107cain
hunter

Postby Sagebrush » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:33 pm

You got to be kidding! There an't enough meat to feed my cat let alone 6 people!!! Just kidding. Here in in the GREAT state of NEVADA , (now don't all you Texas people get hot arould the collar, heer! ) We cut the meat in small pcs and , then brown them in olive oil & fresh garlic & add this to our spaggetti sauce !! The 2nd way was my mom would put the browned doves over a bed of rice in a pressure cooker after adding a cup of mushroom soup with a "shot or 2 " of cream sherry. Break er down & enjoy !!
Sagebrush
hunter

Postby txduckhunter2005 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:27 pm

about the same...

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:24 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I usualy cook my teal,ducks & dove all the same. Put a chunk of jalepeno between the breast ( by slicing in midle of breast ) Put a real light amount of miracle whip on the breast and sprinkle on a bunch of lemmon pepper and wrap the whole breast in bacon. Use toothpicks to hold bacon in place, cover all of it with foil and thow it in the grill
txduckhunter2005
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking