Hey new place to post thanks admin :)

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Hey new place to post thanks admin :)

Postby Duckhunter16 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:45 pm

Hey this is great another new place to post :getdown:

Well i guess I will ask the obvious question what are your guys favorite recipes for duck?

My self I like to cook them on the grill the a beer can in the cavity like you do chicken (but when I cook it I use those Jack Dannels smoking chips). In my option it takes away some to that gammy taste and add a lot of good flavor.
IF IT FLIES IT DIES

I am a member of peta
People Eating Tasty Animals
Duckhunter16
hunter

Postby POSSUM » Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:41 am

GRILLING IS GREAT....BUT IF YOU HAVE TIME. STUFFING THE BREAST OF WHOLE DUCKS WITH PEPPERS AND GARLIC, AND THE CAVITY WITH APPLES OR SMOKED SAUSAGE. THEN BROWING THEM GOOD AND MAKING A GOOD GRAVY OVER SOME RICE. WITH SOME NAVY BEANS WITH SLAB BACON ON THE SIDE..IS AWSOME.
DUCKS, BASS AND LSU....IT DONT GET NO BETTER.....
POSSUM
hunter

Postby ND_Duckslayer » Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:18 pm

I honestly don't care for the taste of duck as much as I do other wild game....that doesn't mean I don't eat everything I shoot though! Most of my ducks wind up as some really tasty jerky, but my favorite way to cook it up is by making it into fajitas! I don't know what it is, but duck fajitas taste even better than chicken...i love 'em! :thumbsup:
"If it flies, it dies...and if it just sits there and doesn't move, IT STILL DIES!!!"
-Phil Robertson, a.k.a. the Duck Commander
ND_Duckslayer
hunter

Postby 20gauge24 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:17 pm

onions take away the game taste to and add no extra flavor
The worst duck hunt is the best day of work.
20gauge24
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking