tired of killing

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

tired of killing

Postby muleskinner » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:09 pm

I have killed so many geese and ducks this season I will be crapping feathers and shot until may. Does anybody have any good duck goose recipes ? I need some new ways to eat the birds...
take'em
muleskinner
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

Postby agengo02 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:04 pm

ducks (made some this way today): if its a teal, then use the whole breast, if big duck then cut in half. soak in brine for a couple days to draw blood out. beat the breast thin with a meat tenderizer mallet. let marinade in bbq sauce overnight. next day; take chunks of pepperjack cheese and place in middle of duck breast. roll breast up around the cheese. take a strip of bacon and roll it around the breast as tight as possible. secure with 2 toothpicks. grill until bacon is done, usually about 5min per side with 75% of the coals gray. mmmmmmm

goose: breast out and brine like regular. pour a bottle of bbq sauce in crock pot, refill bottle with water, shake around and pour that in too. place whole breast in crock pot and cook on low for about 5-6 hours. after its done, take the breasts and put them in a bowl. using 2 forks, pull meat like pulled pork. it WILL shred just like pork. keep it sealed in the fridge and make some great pulled goose bbq sandwiches!
agengo02
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:54 am

Gumbo, there are a lot of gumbo recipes, but DU put out a decent one a few months back.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking