THIS DUCK RECIPE WILL MELT IN YOUR MOUTH!!!!

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

THIS DUCK RECIPE WILL MELT IN YOUR MOUTH!!!!

Postby Primos Partner » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:36 am

So I defrosted my mallard duck breasts (off the bones) last night and tried out a little recipe I've never heard of. This will knock you on your *** it's sooo good!!

You'll need:

Duck breasts completely off the bone
Maple syrup
Soy Sauce
Cream cheese
bacon

Take the duck breasts off the bones, tenderize, and butterfly fillet them. Mix together a 50/50 mix of the maple syrup and soy sauce. (might sound nasty, but trust me).

IMPORTANT!!!----- You're going to use this as a marinade, but make enough to really soak the breasts in. You'll be using a lot of the marinade while barbequing them later.

Bacon-wrap the breasts, but don't put the cream cheese in yet. marinade the bacon-wrapped breasts in the fridge for about an hour or 2. They don't need to marinade that long, otherwise the soy sauce might make it too salty tasting. I only marinaded them for about an hour and a half last night and it was perfect!

while the grill is pre-heating, take out the bacon-wrapped breasts, unwrap them, put a decent amoutn of cream-cheese in them, re-wrap them, and throw them on the grill.

IMPORTANT------ EvVERYTIME you flip the breasts, pour some of the marinade on them.

Take off the grill and enjoy! The cream cheese goes together soooo well with the syrup/soy sauce marinade and the bacon really tops it off. These were soooo good. I have people that never really like duck asking me for the recipe right now at my work. They love it and you will too! :thumbsup:
Primos Partner
hunter

Postby btduckcall » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:52 pm

tied it today with some bluebills and geese and was awesome, :thumbsup:
btduckcall
hunter

Postby Primos Partner » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:49 pm

btduckcall wrote:tied it today with some bluebills and geese and was awesome, :thumbsup:

awesome! glad you liked it! im a little pissed i didnt make it out this weekend for the last duck shoot of the year, but now that i have this recipe, there's a LOT of ducks that are gonna be in trouble this next year! :yes: :yes: :yes:
Primos Partner
hunter

Postby Quack Shack » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:52 pm

I kind of stumbled on to this a little while back. It was kind of an experiment that turned out right. Duck makes pretty darn good fajitas. Just season/maranade the duck with what ever you would use for venison or beef fajitas, fry them up with peppers and onions ans enjoy.
Quack Shack
hunter

Postby Hear Duck » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:17 am

Just out of curiosity……did you use real maple syrup or grocery store type (mrs. Butterworth)??
Hear Duck
hunter

Postby brassass » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:35 am

sounds like an interesting recipe, will have to try it out
brassass
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking