Something different Goose recipe??

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Something different Goose recipe??

Postby i_willie12 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:45 pm

I have several geese in the freezer and am looking for a different way to them cook. Want to try something besides deep fry or thousand island and bacon on the grill. Also I have my first Spec in the freezer, I hear these are the Rib eye of the sky so want to hear some ways to cook this and see just how good it is.

Thanks Nathan
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:55 pm

We save all the tenderloins out of every bird we breast out. We package them in quart sized bags, about a pound of meat per bag just for this recipie........We make duck tenderloin Marsala with 'em and it's awesome!! Use this recipie From Emeril Lagasse:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emer ... index.html

We add 2 pods of roasted garlic to it for a twist... Serve with a side salad, loaf of french bread and a good bottle of Amarone wine. :thumbsup:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking