Recipes for Eider?

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Recipes for Eider?

Postby lnovak777 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:22 am

Does anyone have receipes for cooking eider?

I went sea duck hunting this last weekend in Maine. I just got my hunting license a few months ago and had yet to shoot a duck. I had great luck. I shot my first duck, an eider! :thumbsup:
Laurie
lnovak777
Newb

Postby hunt-chessies » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:17 pm

congrats :thumbsup: That's a great first duck!!!

I take them and soak them in water over night changing it a few times. Then i give it atleast an hour in my favorite marinade. wrap it with some bacon and cook it on the grill to a medium rare. DO NOT OVER COOK IT

only seasonings i use are salt, pepper, seasoning salt, and garlic powder (or garlic salt)..... sometimes i use a herb poultry seasoning too. Don't go too overboard on the seasoning either

Some say they are a trash duck but i thought the ones i ate were some of the best duck i have ever tried!!!! I loved them :biggrin:
Proudly owned by "HR A hunters dream of Westwind JH"

I quote HNTFSH ****Hunting is a form of training but not the first wave of it. *****
hunt-chessies
Forum Moderator

Postby lnovak777 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:03 pm

Thanks for the receipe. I will have to try it. I have head Eider isn't good eating but thought I would try. :smile:
Laurie
lnovak777
Newb

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking