What to do with my deer sausage????

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

What to do with my deer sausage????

Postby redleg79 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:50 pm

I ended up with way more deer sausage than we normally get and was wondering if any of you have any good recipes for it. We use it in Chili and sausage balls and of course breakfast but can't think of anything else to try so any ideas will help.
redleg79
hunter

Re: What to do with my deer sausage????

Postby brokkbloodaxe » Sat May 23, 2009 7:47 pm

gumbo, jambalaya , sausage dogs if its smoked sausage. ground sausage, dirty rice, stuffed bell peppers, rice dressing, mix with burger and have hamburgers.

and you can use both as seasonings in stuff like cabage, peas, greens ect.
I'm the best there is at what I do...just ain't figured out what that is yet!
brokkbloodaxe
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Tue May 26, 2009 8:29 am

Is it smoked or ground sausage.

I usually make more ground sausage than smoked, but that's b/c you can use it in lasagna, spaghetti, chili, and most anything else you would use ground beef or venison in.

If its smoked, I like the previous suggestions or gumbo, jambalaya, or just plain 'ol breakfast.

The other options is to buy some dry ice and a Styrofoam cooler and ship it to me :biggrin:
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby brokkbloodaxe » Tue May 26, 2009 6:58 pm

GroundSwatter wrote:Is it smoked or ground sausage.

I usually make more ground sausage than smoked, but that's b/c you can use it in lasagna, spaghetti, chili, and most anything else you would use ground beef or venison in.

The other options is to buy some dry ice and a Styrofoam cooler and ship it to me :biggrin:

i forgot about spaghetti and chili, which it makes up something good. btw lmao about shipping! and if you are shipping send me some im totally outta deer! :crying:
I'm the best there is at what I do...just ain't figured out what that is yet!
brokkbloodaxe
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Wed May 27, 2009 7:29 am

Yeah, I'm pretty much out of deer too. I have I think 1 lb of ground sausage left and maybe a pound of ground left. I guess I only killed 2 deer, so next year I'll try for more.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby don taylor » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:33 pm

Cook some rice, cube some mozzarella cheese and stuff a mixture of the 3 inside any kind of pepper. Toss a can of sauce or diced tomatoes onto of them in a foil covered pan and cook in the oven for 45 minutes at 375. Remove the foil sprinkle on some cheese and continue to cook for 15 more minutes.

I also highly recommend hollowing out a split eggplant and trying the same recipe. Just cut it in half and take out the seeds. The smaller the eggplant the better.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby quackaholick » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:39 am

give it to me Jason....
Green on the Water...

Watch out for tha... oh crap... thats ganna leave a mark...

Xpress 1546 w/ 25hp yam.
quackaholick
hunter

Postby daffy... » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:31 pm

southern style biscuits n gravy.. ya no, that white gravy awesomeness. OR get yourself a pork tenderlion. cut a slit about 3/4 the way threw it length wise, stuff a layer of that sausage (part way cooked) in the loin and tie it up ever 3 inches or so. marinate that crap and mmm mmm enjoy
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking