COOKING QUACKERS

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

COOKING QUACKERS

Postby LEADHEAD » Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:21 am

OK GUYS, NOW THAT WE HAVE LIMITED OUT WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE WAY TO COOK YOUR BIRDS. I KNOW THERE MUST BE A HUNDRED DIFFERENT WAYS WE COOK EM, AND EVERYONE HAS HIS FAVORITE.

HERE'S MINE.

FOUR OF FIVE DUCKS, ABOUT A POUND AND A HALF OF DOWN HOME PORK SAUSAGE, ONE ONION, ONE GREEN BELL PEPPER, AND A BOTTLE OF KITCHEN BOUQUET.

CUT UP THE BIRDS IN PIECES, DICE THE ONIONS AND THE PEPPER, AND SLICE THE SAUSAGE INTO SMALL CIRCULAR PIECES.

HEAT A LARGE BLACK DUTCH OVEN TYPE POT. ADD A LITTLE COOKING OIL, THEN THE DUCK. HEAT ON HIGH UNTIL DUCK IS BROWN. REMOVE THE DUCK THEN ADD YOUR ONION AND PEPPER. COOK ON MEDIUM HEAT UNTIL ONIONS BECOME CLEAR.

ADD DUCK BACK INTO THE POT AND STIR, MIXING DUCK WITH THE ONION AND PEPPER. COOK FOR A FEW MINUTES THEN ADD ABOUT TWO OR THREE TEA SPOONS OF THE KITCHEN BOUQUET AND STIR. THEN ADD SEVERAL CUPS OF WATER TO YOUR POT AND STIR UNTIL ALL IS MIXED. COVER POT AND COOK ON LOW TO MEDIUM HEAT (LOW BOIL) FOR ABOUT AN HOUR UNTIL DUCK IS TENDER. ADD YOUR SAUSAGE AND COOK FOR ABOUT ANOTHER 20 TO 30 MINUTES . OFF COURSE YOU CAN ADD SALT, PEPPER, OR ANY NUMBER OF YOUR FAVORITE SPICES. YOU CAN ALSO ADD SOME DEER MEAT, SQUIRREL, CHICKEN, BEEF,OR WHAT EVER YOU WANT TO THE POT. JUST PUT IT ALL IN AT THE START.

COOK ABOUT TWO CUPS OF WHITE RICE.

SERVE HOT OVER THE RICE.
LEADHEAD

Postby Joey clams » Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:09 pm

I like to add whatever I find fresh on the highway. :lol:
Joey clams
hunter

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:32 pm

season the bird up with whatever you like , preheat the oven to 350. put it on a bord cook for 2 hrs then throw the duck away and eat the board. :D :P

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:51 am

I cook wild ducks like I do domestic duck " Smoke them"

You will most likely have to marinade them to cut the "wild taste" unless you like that, but I normally use Maple or Walnut wood in a smoker with the temp around 200deg. Rub the duck down with garlic/onion salt, fresh peppercorn and with a good oil ( Olive or wlanut does fine ) and then smoke the duck. Cook a pot of uncle bens wild rice with a slab of cured pork or season bacon and serve the whole mess up with a nice beer like Michelob Amber Bock and you will be doing fine.

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:53 am

I cook wild ducks like I do domestic duck " Smoke them"

You will most likely have to marinade them to cut the "wild taste" unless you like that, but I normally use Maple or Walnut wood in a smoker with the temp around 200deg. Rub the duck down with garlic/onion salt, fresh peppercorn and with a good oil ( Olive or wlanut does fine ) and then smoke the duck. Cook a pot of uncle bens wild rice with a slab of cured pork or season bacon and serve the whole mess up with a nice beer like Michelob Amber Bock and you will be doing fine.

Postby h2ofwlr » Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:12 am

I like to keep it simple. I cube the meat and marinade it overnight. (use what ever is your favorite marinade sauce). I cook it up in a fry pan on medium high heat. Meantime I have hash browns a browning (or grits for you Rebels out there) and I use the blender to whip up 3 eggs real good and add the eggs once the meat is cooked and then scramble them up and serve with the 'taters. Or you could do an omlette and add the meat once the eggs are half cooked and then add cheese or whatever else you like to it. I do the later way most of the time. Either way it is a Mmmmmm Mmmmmmmm Gooooood Breakfast! :D
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Fowlercon » Sat Dec 20, 2003 5:28 pm

Take bout six duck breats, put in bowl, pour in favorite maranade, salt, pepper, garlic powder both sides, spread any spicy brown mustard on both sides and let sit for 4 or 5 hrs. On medium to high coals grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side. DO NOT COOK OVER MEDIUM-RARE. Slice breast into pinky size finger strips and dip in your left over mustard/maranade sauce. Got to go, im hungry now.
Fowlercon
hunter

cooking quackers

Postby Daffy's last quack » Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:35 pm

Take about 5 duck brest's cube and soke in milk for about 2 hour's chop One and a half pounds of smoked pepperbacon from a good butcher shop 1 yellow onion and abunch of green onion w/chives. Heat cast iren skillet w/penut oil to liking taking consideration of bacon grees. rins off duck in strainer so no more milk dry alittle and sier w/a little garlic powder when almost done pull out and set aside or have all outher ingr.cooking same time so that when duck is done mix with outher ingr. tell bacon is done alittle seson salt or your faverit seson alittle rice or veginoodles a dinner or mix w/egg and salsa alittle fried potatos roll in tortia for breakfast berito.
Daffy's last quack
Newb

Re: cooking quackers

Postby Daffy's last quack » Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:38 pm

"Daffy's last quack"]Take about 5 duck brest's cube and soke in milk for about 2 hour's chop One and a half pounds of smoked pepperbacon from a good butcher shop 1 yellow onion and abunch of green onion w/chives. Heat cast iren skillet w/penut oil to liking taking consideration of bacon grees. rins off duck in strainer so no more milk dry alittle and sier w/a little garlic powder when almost done pull out and set aside or have all outher ingr.cooking same time so that when duck is done mix with outher ingr. tell bacon is done alittle seson salt or your faverit seson alittle rice or veginoodles a dinner or mix w/egg and salsa alittle fried potatos roll in tortia for breakfast berito. :thumbsup:
Last edited by Daffy's last quack on Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daffy's last quack
Newb

Postby Mallyard » Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:26 am

Take the duck breasts put them on a tin plate. Sprinkle with season salt. Then cook until the meat starts to pop and sizzle. Remove from microwave and put in your labs food dish........... Dinner is served. :mrgreen:

Except for teal... With teal you slice the breasts open and stuf with a jalopeno and some cream cheese... Then your wrap with 1 or 2 peices of bacon and then grill them outside.... mmmmmmmmm.... Tastes wonderful.

Mallyard
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Postby champion duck slayer » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:57 pm

deep fry those quackers take injectable marina and then cover in seasoning salt and let em fry 3 min per pound.

the best duck you ever had
IF IT FLYS IT DIES IF IT DONT FLY IT DIES ANYWAY
champion duck slayer
hunter

Postby talltimber » Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:51 pm

Fried: cut breasts into thin strips, soak in milk at least half hour, grease at 350 or so, take out of milk, dredge in seasoned flour(garlic powder, seasoning salt, etc, whatever you like), cook til they float plus just alittle bit, do not overcook
Grilled: cube, marinate in "Eyetalian" dressing skewer with red onions, bell peppers, jalepenos or cayennes, polish sausage(next to the duck is best), 'maters, etc whatever else you like, grill until the duck is a medium, at most.
talltimber
hunter

Postby yakima hunter » Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:36 am

Does anyone know of how to get rid of that liver taste God thats bad. And also is there an easy way to pluck a whole duck. Some one once told me to burn the feathers off and i was wondering does that work or do i just have to pluck and keep plucking.
yakima hunter
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking