Crawfish

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Crawfish

Postby gaduckhunter33 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:43 pm

anybody got a good recipe for crawfish casserole or something had a crawfish boil and got a lot of tails left i peeled them all and froze them just wondering if some had a good recipe they would like to share thanks
gaduckhunter33
hunter

Re: Crawfish

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:37 pm

Being from south louisiana...we know crawfish. You can make a great crawfish ettoufee with 'em...or a good crawfish pasta.
google chef John Folse...he's got some really good crawfish recipes online :thumbsup: ...just substitute the boiled/seasoned tails in place of the raw tails...Or you can put a little egg wash on 'em,lightly flour them, fry and have an AWESOME po-boy!!
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby side-slippin » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:08 pm

AWWWWW...... crawfish poboy.... hot sause.....onions.....lemon.... :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
"Augustus...
...by-god Woodrow, it's been quite a party ain't it.
...yes sir."
side-slippin
hunter

Postby don taylor » Sat May 02, 2009 8:25 pm

I substitute them for shrimp or other shellfish in lots of recipes. I've diced the meat and made a really rich chili before as well.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby GroundSwatter » Tue May 05, 2009 9:51 am

Inda turned me onto this guy and this recipe is a winner. made for about the third time last week.

http://www.jfolse.com/recipes/seafood/crawfish13.htm

Everything in the recipe is about right, just make sure you have all your ingredients prepped before you begin. Once you start, you can't stop in the middle to chop something, except for maybe the parsley and green onions at the end.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking