grilled duck breast

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

grilled duck breast

Postby buckeye22 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:09 pm

I live in Florida so all we shoot is Ring Necks and you have to know how to cook them right. this is the way i do it:
Breast out the duck and then tenderise the meat with a meat tenderizer
Let them soak in italian dressing for 4 hours
cut red and green peppers into strips as well as onions
put 1 strip of each in the middle of the breast with a piece of pepperjack cheese
roll up the breast and wrap it in bacon
grill for a very small amount of time because you can't overcook it or its ruined
eat rare and it will be the best meat you've ever had!!!
"Poisoness?"
buckeye22
hunter

Re: grilled duck breast

Postby PBR Me » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:22 pm

Sounds good. I tried something similar I saw on here but it was cream cheese and jalepenos in the middle w/o the marinading.

I've also heard smoked cheddar is another good option.
PBR Me
hunter

Postby muddydog » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:07 pm

I cut the breast in small pieces ,pepper them BLACK ! I then put them in a foil packet with butter, onion, jalepeno, and bacon strips. It tastes as good as it can get, Its alot easier and not as much mess as wrapping them individually. The black pepper kills any gamey tastes. I cook venison this same way. Ive turned more than a couple of people into duck eaters! LOL
muddydog
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:50 am

I cut the breast long ways, so in half all the way down the breast. I do this on almost all divers as well as bigger puddle duck breasts. Get a jalapeno, either half or quarter it, but a piece of jalapeno on the duck, wrap it inside, then wrap bacon around the outside of the breast.

I'll put some Tony's on it, then throw it on the grill. After the first time I turn it, I'll mop some of my bbq finishing sauce on it. Recipe found here:http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=76021

Comes out tasting good every time. It also helps the way you store your divers. We usually freeze them in a salt water solution.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking