Minn Kota Waterfowl Edition

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Minn Kota Waterfowl Edition

Postby poacher » Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:24 am

Anyone ever use one of these motors? I saw one at Gander Mountain for 219.00. Looking for feedback.
"teal, teal, albino teal....wait, those are seagulls...take em.

wait till they line up and cross, 1 shell 2 birds
poacher
hunter

Postby chrispbrown27 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:23 am

I would say buy a regular ole trolling motor for about a hundred bucks less and camo it up yourself. I can't see that a kinda cheap looking camo job is worth a hundred bucks. I simple used a khaki color spray paint on mine.
Chris
chrispbrown27
hunter

Postby Grant48 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:12 pm

I love Minn Kota trolling motors, they're very reliable and durable. I have a 24 lbs thrust Minn Kota that I got for $95 at Walmart about 8 or 9 years ago, and still runs like brand new. I'd definitely get another one, when this one finally dies. I didnt expect something so inexpensive to last this long.
Grant48
hunter

Postby donell67 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:36 pm

i have one and like it alot. i have an older minnkota still works great too. the waterfowl editon one is nice, it has quite a bit of power with the 44 lbs thrust. the camo pattern on it is awesome. i got it to use on my smaller boat, where you cant use a gas motor during season.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby HaydenHunter » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:30 am

I have a 30# thrust Minn-Kota Endura trolling motor that I use on my smaller boats. MK has a great prop design in their "Weedless Wedge" that is better (not perfect) at shedding weeds than anything else out there.

As regards the "waterfowl edition" you have to ask yourself whether the camo job is worth the price premium versus the same spec Minn-Kota standard troller.

Sandpaper and camo flat color Krylon spray paint on a stock motor might save you $$$.
HaydenHunter
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds