need some help please, on boat blind

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

need some help please, on boat blind

Postby ringnck60 » Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:47 pm

have a question???
new to this thing so i need some advice

I live and hunt on lake tillery NC. have a 15 foot polar kraft with a 15 evinrude on the back. am building a blind on the boat and kneed to know what everyone thinks is the best blind and the best camo for the blind. any help appreciated.
later
southern boys just know how to get er done!!!
ringnck60
Newb

Postby b c g s » Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:48 pm

[/i][/b]Well i dont know what kind of cash you want to spend but you could build the fram out of 1/2 by 1/2 tubbing thin walled and if its a aluminum boat you need to put about 2 lays of duck tape on the tubb first befor u put the fram on the boat and as far as what to put on the fram u could u rubber/ you can get rubber roffing at a lumber yard its light and u can attach it to the fram with wire ties and as far as the camo i like fast grass for me . Hope that help.

Tom.
I live to hunt and hunt to live
b c g s
hunter

Postby SteveInTN » Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:21 pm

Here is one I built for my 16' PolarKraft.

I used 1" square aluminum tubing with 1/8" thick inner wall. I attached it to the boat using standard bimini top parts that can be ordered/purchased from any boating supply place. I can install it on the boat in five minutes and raise/lower it in 10 seconds. As for the camo, you need to look at where you will be hunting with it. If hunting around grassy marshes & such, the Avery Grass mats work nicely. Four on either side (attached to the blind using zip ties, gear grabbers, etc) and one on the bow. This will make it wrap around the motor nicely. You can also order material (cloth, netting, etc) and mount it on there.
"I'll start spending less time with my dog and more with my wife when she starts fetching ducks for me"
SteveInTN
hunter

Postby SteveInTN » Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:35 pm

with Avery Grass mats, before we brushed it up a bit with the willows in the area.

"I'll start spending less time with my dog and more with my wife when she starts fetching ducks for me"
SteveInTN
hunter

Postby jmike » Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:09 pm

TAKE LOOK AT THE MUD BUDDY BLINDS , TOTAL CONCELMENT , SUPPER EASY TO INSTALL...JMIKE
dont shoot till there feet are down
jmike
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds