Best Boat Blind

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Best Boat Blind

Postby TommyToeDrag » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:44 pm

What is the best boat blind you can buy out there on the market and why? Any insight?

thanks
TommyToeDrag
hunter

Postby Mallard Machine » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:02 pm

My partner and I bought a Nortern Flight blind From CABELA'S this fall and we absolutely love it. Just seems to be a really durable piece of equipment. Everything goes into place so good and it goes to together so good. We've had high water this year and without it we wouldn't of killed as many ducks as we did. Eveything was under water hardly any ground around!!! We have the wind blocker and i would consider if yur getting a blind deffinetly get that on it!! keeps the dog warmer and stops the cold winds and rain coming in on ya!! GOOD LUCK!!
Mallard Machine
hunter

blinds

Postby TommyToeDrag » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:05 pm

my concern w/ the cabelas blind is the fact that it sits up pretty high correct off the sides of the boat. most of the shooting i do is for divers and i dont have that kind of time to be getting up that high to shoot. is it that high to get up out of the boat and shoot?

i was just wondering

thanks
TommyToeDrag
hunter

Postby Canadian Quacker » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:39 pm

This is Mallard Machines hunting buddy. We are both over 6' feet tall and when we sit on the boat seats or our seats and our heads stick way out over the top of it. We have all kinds of time to shoot, but then again we are hunting the low level flyers like divers. I've shot Goldeneyes out of it no prob so it's just a thought. You might want to find something a little smaller maybe I dunno. We are very impressed with the Cabela's one though
GOOD LUCK!!

CQ
Canadian Quacker
hunter

Postby Bogey » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:37 am

I have NO idea which is the best boat blind out there, but I have a Beavertail blind and have enjoyed the heck out of it for 3 seasons now :thumbsup:
Dare to be different
Bogey
hunter

Postby Mike M. » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:57 pm

I like my Beavertail. It keeps you warm too on those cold windy days.
Mike M.
hunter

Postby Webfoot12 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:12 pm

There is a way to rig it so that it sits about ~6" lower than what the direction call for. Its not complicated but hard to describe. I can take some photos and post if you think it might help. They'll do a lot better job of explaning what we did.

My hunting buddy is about 6'4" and his head sticks up a bit. I just remind him to keep his head down. I sit on a float cushion and my eyes are just about even with the top of the blind.

I've been pleased. Its seems the grass on the edges wears a little more, but that's to be expected. We buy a couple extra sheets of grass every year and dkind of rotate the edges. The grass is a little light for some of the stuff we hunt in but it also blends in well millet, sorghum, corn, milo and I would think rice among others.
Rest in peace my friend... Mocha- Jan 20th, 2001-Feb 1st, 2009.
Webfoot12
hunter

Blinds

Postby little goose » Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:43 pm

I have the beavertail blind and i am pleased with it. It is easy to set up and like Mike M said it keeps the wind out.
little goose
hunter

Postby cootkilla » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:03 pm

I have the mudbuddy quick flip blind and love it. Very easy to setup and shoot out of. Very easy to brush up and take down. This blind paid for itself our first trip out. Would not hesitate to own another one and when this one wears out I am sure I will get another one.. Which ever blind you get, get the one that fits your needs. There are alot out there and they all seem to have + and - for each. Enjoy

cootkilla
cootkilla
hunter

Postby HaydenHunter » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:33 pm

cootkilla,

Do I know you from another board by another handle (and did you take me out pn a very foggy day the last time I came down your way)?
HaydenHunter
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds