Mud Motor building plans

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Mud Motor building plans

Postby fabio morganti » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:45 am

I just had from the importer an estimate of how much it will cost to import to Brazil a Go Devil 20 HP .
That will be $ 6.000,00 !!!!! with freight etc , custom duties and so on.
I wonder if anybody has plans to build a home made one because the Honda motors are sold widely down here and I always can buy a good propeller from G.D and M.B or Beavertail.
Thanks for any help.
fabio morganti
hunter

Postby Evil_McNasty » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:58 pm

You can buy a kit from stump jumper.
Evil_McNasty
hunter

Postby HaydenHunter » Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:19 am

I would call or email Clint at MudBuddy. Selling a frame only sounds like something they would look at. They do conversions from longtails to shorttails on used customer motors so in this way they have proved very flexible. Heck, they might even have a used longtail frame laying around!
HaydenHunter
hunter

building amotor

Postby Jay Jolicoeur » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:51 pm

I talked to a welder yesterday while looking at my Go Devil. He said it wouldn't be much to build one. It is basically a tube, a shaft bearings, caps on the ends and a U-Joint. I remember seeing either on this forum or someplace else people discussing how to build them. Hunt on line. I bet you can build one a lot cheaper.
Jay Jolicoeur
hunter

go devil

Postby oochopper » Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:33 pm

me and a buddy biult a go devil long shaft motor.
its not real easy. we built ours off pictures of go devils we built our own brackets and frame for motor and shaft out of scrap steel we had. we ahd to shop around on internet for 6 foot 3/4 shaft at different metal suppliers and compared prices. we used a 20 h.p. kholer dual cyl. engine and biult it for around $ 325.00 most expensive was prop we checked out mudd buddy and go devil and the other and went with the tiger prop cant remember who it was from. but they will repair the prop for the life of it if needed . all those motors we got u joint knuckles at farm supply to fit on 3/4 shaft , they were for p.t.o shaft origanally. we had to mill in a key hole on the shaft. we made ours loud and proud with dual pipes. we made a housing for shaft to ride in and used brass bearings which we had to put em in a lathe. and we put grease certs on the outer shaft housing to keep the whole thing full of grease. found 3/4 size pump shaft seals to use on top and bottom of shaft at farm supply to. works excellent only prob had on test run was the throttle cable we used cheapo to test. binded up. now have one in teflon coated sleeve. have had it out on crab several times this year chewing up lilly pads. we built a 2500.00 + for 325.00. just print pics on all sites that make them and go from there. w are planning on biulding hyper drive this summer it will be even easier.
oochopper
hunter

Postby jedisme » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:26 pm

hey wanna build me one for 325.00??? :cool:
jedisme
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds