lower unit disassembly

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

lower unit disassembly

Postby redneck23ms » Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:07 pm

anybody know how to take a 80's 35hp johnson/evinrude lower unti apart? somethin is messed up in mine. saturday it would grind really bad when i tried to put it in forward but reverse worked fine. when it did go in forward it made some weird noises but would still go. got it home and tried to get it apart but wasn't sure how to so put it back together and put new oil in it. after a lil tinkering i got forward to work, but now reverse grinds bad and doesn't wanna go in. any help would be appreciated.
shoot them in the face, they may be wearing body armor
redneck23ms
hunter

lower end

Postby gilla the goose killa » Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:58 am

Many variables to the lower end,try adjusting your shifting rod sounds like it's not going into gear fully that will definitely cause grindingand lower ends aren't as difficult as you think,just take your time and lay every thing out the way you take it apart,also wouldn't hurt to buy an after market manual,chilton's or seloc ,especially if you do alot of your own repairs ,saved myself a ton of money doing things myself.

keep yur feet dry
Gilla
gilla the goose killa
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds