Losing power

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Losing power

Postby Tack in NJ » Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:12 am

Okay guys I got a 6 horse evnrude on the sneakbox. The last time out I noticed a loss of power. When I got back to the ramp I checked a few things. No leaks visible, Runsgreat in neutral, but put it i gear and it won't rev up the way it should. Any Ideas???
Tack in NJ
hunter

Re: Losing power

Postby brdprey » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:01 pm

Tack in NJ wrote:Okay guys I got a 6 horse evnrude on the sneakbox. The last time out I noticed a loss of power. When I got back to the ramp I checked a few things. No leaks visible, Runsgreat in neutral, but put it i gear and it won't rev up the way it should. Any Ideas???

and how much did you have to eat during the holidays.......... :laughing:
extra weight ......... :hammering: ok ok just kidin
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, FORIEGN AND DOMESTIC;
brdprey
hunter

Postby Tack in NJ » Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:08 pm

Oh how I wish that were the cause!! LOL But unfortunately my gall bladder has been giving me fits for the past few weeks. I didn't even eat enought to satisfy a little ole teal.
Tack in NJ
hunter

Postby ISHOOTDIVERS » Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:57 pm

Is it something stupid like the prop has something wrapped on it, I.E. decoy line, weeds, grasses?Shouldn't be nothing like plugs or vents if your running good in nuetral, cable stretched or something like that maybe not getting carb all the way open?
Diver Hunters Do It In Big Waves!

Save A Seal, Club An Activist
ISHOOTDIVERS
hunter

Postby Tack in NJ » Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:11 pm

checked all that tonight nothing on prop shaft. Throttle opens all the wayin and out of gear with motor off. I will check in the morning about with motor running. Gotta run to the lake to check that so may as well go hunting. carry my trolling motor just in case it go real bad.
Tack in NJ
hunter

Postby Tack in NJ » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:15 pm

Well narrowed it down real fast. Changed all the fuel lines and fittings this afternoon. Took the boat out to hunt and started off okay then it quit running. Took off the cowling primed the motor and what do I see??? A leaky fuel pump. Looks like a trip to the Marina tomorrow.
Tack in NJ
hunter

Postby ISHOOTDIVERS » Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:59 pm

And there you have it :yes:
Diver Hunters Do It In Big Waves!

Save A Seal, Club An Activist
ISHOOTDIVERS
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds