Boat floatation

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: Dogman, NCSUDucker

Boat floatation

Postby onlyif » Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:15 pm

I was seeking input on buying a boat with full floatation vs. none. It is an option on Gator-Trax and Pro-Drive boats. You have to give up storage/space/safety when you have the floatation. Please offer your opinion on how important it is to have full floatation vs. not having it.

Postby Tack in NJ » Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:10 pm

Lets see full flotation the boat will swamp but not sink................. No flotation the boat becomes a rock and hits bottom. Definitely go with the flotation it could save yer life.
Tack in NJ

Postby Smackaduck » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:46 pm

I would definately go with the flotation. I have filled my boat up twice. Both time I was only in about 4 foot of water in a stump field, BUT it could happen to anyone at anytime.
Super Moderator

Postby HaydenHunter » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:32 pm

I don't fault anyone for not having's your life...but I would never have a boat without it. We run big water western lakes and rivers and sometimes cross angry water to get to our spots. I only run full level flotation boats. I have heard too many stories about guys riding their deke bags for survival while their boat and everything in it goes to the bottom.

All it takes is once.

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds