Boat choices

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Boat choices

Postby gsphunter » Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:41 pm

As this season closes, I can't help but look to next season already. It looks like I'm losing the boat I hunted out of this since my buddy is going away to school.

I'd like some pros and cons about what ya'll are using and what you like or dislike about it.

Here are my thoughts right now. Either a layout or about a 15' aluminum with a 25+ on it. I know they are extremely different. I do about 95% of my hunting on marshes where size is not an issue. The other 5% is done on a Mississippi river slough where I am never on the main river.

Some ballpark prices would be nice too if anybody can throw something out. Both would have to be used as well.

Thanks for any help.
User avatar
gsphunter
hunter
 
Posts: 1847
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:10 pm
Location: St. Peters, MO


Postby Gooseboy » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:25 am

I have a Alumaweld 16 foot Xpress Semi-V Side Console Jon Boat with a real nice and quiet Yamaha 40 horsepower outboard, got a motorguide trolling motor on front also. No dislikes yet. I love the flooring on the Alumaweld Xpress's. It is an awsome boat i really love it, and the Yamaha is a great motor. What is the deepest and shallowest water youll take your future boat in?
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
User avatar
Gooseboy
Banned
 
Posts: 4741
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:06 pm
Location: OK

Postby Fowlercon » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:47 am

B,

If you don't have any luck with the PM I sent you check this out.......

http://www.waterfowler.com/inportal/ind ... 5-1-1-1-1-
"It is not the function of our Government to keep the citizen from falling
into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the Government from
falling into error."
User avatar
Fowlercon
hunter
 
Posts: 924
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 8:51 pm
Location: Louisville,Ky

Postby gsphunter » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:32 am

Thanks for the link Hvac. Plenty to look at on there.
User avatar
gsphunter
hunter
 
Posts: 1847
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:10 pm
Location: St. Peters, MO


Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Hairy Dawg and 26 guests