Polar Kraft Boat Build w/Pics and Wiring Diagram

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Re: Polar Kraft Boat Build w/pics - **FINISHED**

Postby carolinagreenhead » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:55 pm

sftull wrote:Carolina,

That think is SWEET!! Congrats on the purchase. Put some pods on it now and you'll be ready to go. :thumbsup:


Been tossing that idea around. Do you think it needs em?
carolinagreenhead
hunter
 
Posts: 4046
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:52 am
Location: South Carolina


Polar Kraft Boat Build w/pics - **FINISHED**

Postby jehler » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:35 pm

Nice, I guess I don't need to check on the tohatso or whatever it was you were looking at! Have you had it out on the water yet? Played with the jack plate?
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
User avatar
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy
 
Posts: 17517
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Traverse City, MI

Re: Polar Kraft Boat Build w/pics - **FINISHED**

Postby carolinagreenhead » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:28 pm

jehler wrote:Nice, I guess I don't need to check on the tohatso or whatever it was you were looking at! Have you had it out on the water yet? Played with the jack plate?


I was at the lake in the pics. I just picked it up from the dealer at the time. I have not played with the jack plate yet. I will next time I'm out. Gotta play with the trim pin as well. I appreciate everything you did and all of the information you provided for me Jehler.
carolinagreenhead
hunter
 
Posts: 4046
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:52 am
Location: South Carolina

Polar Kraft Boat Build w/pics - **FINISHED**

Postby jehler » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:40 pm

carolinagreenhead wrote:
jehler wrote:Nice, I guess I don't need to check on the tohatso or whatever it was you were looking at! Have you had it out on the water yet? Played with the jack plate?


I was at the lake in the pics. I just picked it up from the dealer at the time. I have not played with the jack plate yet. I will next time I'm out. Gotta play with the trim pin as well. I appreciate everything you did and all of the information you provided for me Jehler.

hit me up anytime, I have rigged hundreds of boats. Anything I can help with give me a call
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
User avatar
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy
 
Posts: 17517
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Traverse City, MI

Re: Polar Kraft Boat Build w/pics - **FINISHED**

Postby carolinagreenhead » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:29 pm

Video I made of the first time out with it.

carolinagreenhead
hunter
 
Posts: 4046
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:52 am
Location: South Carolina

Re: Polar Kraft Boat Build w/pics - **FINISHED**

Postby teamgoose4 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:24 pm

Great job on the build! Paint, trailer, motor...everything looks great. I gotta tell ya, looking at all these "build, rebuild, restore" threads on here has got me motivated again. For a long time I have been losing interest in this sport but all the info and pictures everyone on this board have posted helps to bring it back.

I havent logged into this board since 06 :lol3: :lol3: Im gonna hafta throw some new paint on my busted up rig this summer and post some pics.

Thanks for taking the extra time to snap pics and document your restoration project for the rest of us.
teamgoose4
Newb
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:14 pm
Location: southwest tennessee

Re: Polar Kraft Boat Build w/pics - **FINISHED**

Postby carolinagreenhead » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:39 am

teamgoose4 wrote:Great job on the build! Paint, trailer, motor...everything looks great. I gotta tell ya, looking at all these "build, rebuild, restore" threads on here has got me motivated again. For a long time I have been losing interest in this sport but all the info and pictures everyone on this board have posted helps to bring it back.

I havent logged into this board since 06 :lol3: :lol3: Im gonna hafta throw some new paint on my busted up rig this summer and post some pics.

Thanks for taking the extra time to snap pics and document your restoration project for the rest of us.


Yes sir. Lemme know if I can help in any way.
carolinagreenhead
hunter
 
Posts: 4046
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:52 am
Location: South Carolina

Re: Polar Kraft Boat Build w/pics - **FINISHED**

Postby Sparks0812 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:18 pm

carolinagreenhead wrote:
Dog Tired wrote:sharp lookin boat, wish i had the patience, but mine is more of the "redneck creation" style. where did you get the rubber matting for the floor?


Thank you. I got it at Lowe's.



When you guys put rubber mats down, do you put anything underneath them? Or do you just lay them over the rivets?
User avatar
Sparks0812
hunter
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:47 pm
Location: Tulsa, OK

Re: Polar Kraft Boat Build w/pics - **FINISHED**

Postby muskyduck » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:57 pm

New to the thread and have a question....

Great job! Love the paint job! Looks just like it came off the factory! I see you have a hydrolic verticle lift plate for your outboard. I've been looking at these for my boat. Can you drive the outboard almost like a surface drive? I hunt a lot of river where I might be traveling a distance, this is where the outboard is a must. But the last 200-300 yds is shallow stumps and marsh where a mud motor is needed. Does that verticle lift help the outboard do both?
User avatar
muskyduck
hunter
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:54 am

Re: Polar Kraft Boat Build w/pics - **FINISHED**

Postby carolinagreenhead » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:59 pm

Sparks0812 wrote:
carolinagreenhead wrote:
Dog Tired wrote:sharp lookin boat, wish i had the patience, but mine is more of the "redneck creation" style. where did you get the rubber matting for the floor?


Thank you. I got it at Lowe's.



When you guys put rubber mats down, do you put anything underneath them? Or do you just lay them over the rivets?


I have 2x10's cut to fit underneath the rubber. They were a perfect fit and allow the matting to lay flat so I'm not walking on ribs.
carolinagreenhead
hunter
 
Posts: 4046
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:52 am
Location: South Carolina

Re: Polar Kraft Boat Build w/pics - **FINISHED**

Postby carolinagreenhead » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:06 pm

muskyduck wrote:New to the thread and have a question....

Great job! Love the paint job! Looks just like it came off the factory! I see you have a hydrolic verticle lift plate for your outboard. I've been looking at these for my boat. Can you drive the outboard almost like a surface drive? I hunt a lot of river where I might be traveling a distance, this is where the outboard is a must. But the last 200-300 yds is shallow stumps and marsh where a mud motor is needed. Does that verticle lift help the outboard do both?


The vertical lift plate is actually called a jack plate and yes it would help. Mine is manual and the only reason I have it is for the motor setback. The blind got in the way of the motor. I couldn't run the boat with the blind down and couldn't adjust the blind anymore so that was my only other option. I don't really adjust it vertically at all. I set it and forget it. But yes you could use it for running rivers and such but in that case I would get a hydraulic jack plate.
carolinagreenhead
hunter
 
Posts: 4046
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:52 am
Location: South Carolina

Polar Kraft Boat Build w/pics - **FINISHED**

Postby jehler » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:46 pm

So, was looking at a similar boat but the drain plug assembly looks way complicated, any input on that?
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
User avatar
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy
 
Posts: 17517
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Traverse City, MI

Re: Polar Kraft Boat Build w/pics - **FINISHED**

Postby carolinagreenhead » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:32 pm

jehler wrote:So, was looking at a similar boat but the drain plug assembly looks way complicated, any input on that?


Not sure what you mean?
carolinagreenhead
hunter
 
Posts: 4046
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:52 am
Location: South Carolina

Re: Polar Kraft Boat Build w/pics - **FINISHED**

Postby brokkbloodaxe » Sat May 05, 2012 1:10 pm

Just read this whole thread through and...WOW! You did a great job! I agree with whoever said you should flip these. I found it funny that you painted the polar Kraft back on the side, I wouldn't have done that, but I think that is some of what makes this look professional. If you ever got a chance to draw up your wiring diagram I would be grateful if you could email it to me. I have a 2000 sea ark duckhawk and I wanna add lights, I'm tired of the cheap clamp on ones. I've never done the lighting or any wiring before, but feel I could if i could read how to, if that makes any sense. Lol. Once again fantastic job
I'm the best there is at what I do...just ain't figured out what that is yet!
brokkbloodaxe
hunter
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:45 am
Location: ruston, louisiana

Re: Polar Kraft Boat Build w/pics - **FINISHED**

Postby carolinagreenhead » Sat May 05, 2012 3:21 pm

brokkbloodaxe wrote:Just read this whole thread through and...WOW! You did a great job! I agree with whoever said you should flip these. I found it funny that you painted the polar Kraft back on the side, I wouldn't have done that, but I think that is some of what makes this look professional. If you ever got a chance to draw up your wiring diagram I would be grateful if you could email it to me. I have a 2000 sea ark duckhawk and I wanna add lights, I'm tired of the cheap clamp on ones. I've never done the lighting or any wiring before, but feel I could if i could read how to, if that makes any sense. Lol. Once again fantastic job


Thank you. The wiring isn't hard. Pos to pos, neg to neg. I'll see if I can come up with something for ya.
carolinagreenhead
hunter
 
Posts: 4046
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:52 am
Location: South Carolina

Re: Polar Kraft Boat Build w/pics - **FINISHED**

Postby brokkbloodaxe » Sat May 05, 2012 3:33 pm

I appreciate it!
Surley more to it ? Lol. Switches seem like they'd be complicated.
I'm the best there is at what I do...just ain't figured out what that is yet!
brokkbloodaxe
hunter
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:45 am
Location: ruston, louisiana

Re: Polar Kraft Boat Build w/pics - **FINISHED**

Postby carolinagreenhead » Sat May 05, 2012 4:24 pm

brokkbloodaxe wrote:I appreciate it!
Surley more to it ? Lol. Switches seem like they'd be complicated.


Not complicated at all. It's easy to over think but not at all hard. Like I said, pos to pos and neg to neg. That's it.
carolinagreenhead
hunter
 
Posts: 4046
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:52 am
Location: South Carolina

Re: Polar Kraft Boat Build w/Pics and Wiring Diagram

Postby carolinagreenhead » Sat May 05, 2012 7:32 pm

I made a wiring diagram on my computer. It's not to scale or perfect or anything but it will give you the idea. Each light or accessory has a positive and negative going to it. For simplicity of looking at the diagram I made the pos on one side and neg on the other so your not confused by a bunch of lines going everywhere. For proper diagram sake, I made both pos and neg on the nav light to show how each light should be. Compare this with the picture of my wiring and this should help make it make more sense. If you look at the pic of my wiring, you will see the heavy gauge wire (both black and red) on the far right. That is coming from the battery. You will see the wires from the lights coming in from the far left, red going to the switch panel, then to the fuse panel, black coming in from the left and going to the fuse panel. Click on the pic and diagram to make it bigger.
Attachments
Boat Wiring Diagram.tif
DSC00194.JPG
carolinagreenhead
hunter
 
Posts: 4046
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:52 am
Location: South Carolina

Re: Polar Kraft Boat Build w/Pics and Wiring Diagram

Postby Duck Loving Man » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:01 pm

sent you a pm Carolinagreenhead....
Duck Loving Man
hunter
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: Polar Kraft Boat Build w/Pics and Wiring Diagram

Postby cu75 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:35 am

boat looks great. i am currently trying to fix mine up and I really like your paint job. I already have the stencils but what colors did you use?
cu75
hunter
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:32 am

Re: Polar Kraft Boat Build w/Pics and Wiring Diagram

Postby BKScripto » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:52 pm

Carolinagreenhead, thanks for posting the wiring diagram. It's going to help me when I start running lights after my boat is built. Whereabouts are you in NC? I'm in the Winston area... PM if you like.
User avatar
BKScripto
hunter
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:12 pm

Previous

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests