New Camo!

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

New Camo!

Postby fireman17 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:11 pm

I just bought some camoflage netting its 2 different greens tan and a brown color. Do you think its ok to cut it, it's 10'x20' long and would I need to add any foilage when out hunting?? :help:
Don't worry I brought extra shells!!
fireman17
hunter

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:42 am

No do cut it! the camo won't work if you cut it bend it fold it or even wash it.

:smile: Just kidding. The camo you use needs to look like where your hunting. If I hunt up here on the river and use fast grass I will be out of place. If I make the boat look like rocks, sticks and dirt I'll be camo. You need to make the boat or blind look like where it will be. Most of all add texture to the camo cover. Any camo cloth looks like a bloody big smooth bump with out texture. Try it both ways and look at it from 50 to 100 yards in direct sun and you will see what I mean.
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." my motto

There is nothing better than hunting with friends and then crackin' a couple of cold ones afterwards.
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Postby gsphunter » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:29 am

:withstupid: My blind looks great in flooded corn and marshes, but not so good on big lakes and rivers. When I hunt on the open water, I get some oak branches with leaves on them and put them around the blind if I'm on the bank anyway. This makes the blind look more natural and it also breaks up the outline of the blind.
gsphunter
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds