Boat plans

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Boat plans

Postby Johnnybear » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:14 pm

Hi everyone I'm new to this forum. I looked around a little and looks like a great site. I just got into waterfowling last year and want to build a boat. I'm a welder by trade with lots of aluminum experience. Some buddies and me have build saltwater fishing boats but I'm having a hard time finding any plans online for jon-boats. Any help would be appreciated :smile: .
Johnnybear
Newb

Postby Smackaduck » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:16 pm

:welcome: to DHC. I personally have no idea where to find them other than doing a google for them. But I am sure you will find someone to help you.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Glen-L

Postby AK Ray » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:09 pm

Glen-L has plans for various utility boats in wood or Al. Others have built Sam Devlin boats in Al. These are Garvey style skiffs and not john boats. Much better than a john boat. They will build in wood just as well as they do in Al.

If you like the Devlin Boats stuff (Black Brant, Scaup), go to www.duckboats.net and then to the forum there and ask if the guys that built their boats out of Al will post up some photos. Chances are they are out hunting and will not be around to read the post, but someone else may have some of their photos.
AK Ray
hunter

Postby Johnnybear » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:57 pm

Thanks for info guys. I looked at the Devlin's and like the design of the snowgoose (most of our hunting is river estruaries in the ocean). I think this is the way I have to go. I'd really like to build something like Lowe or G3.
Johnnybear
Newb

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds