headlamps/spotlights

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

headlamps/spotlights

Postby buster_22 » Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:36 pm

Hey does anyone use headlights/spotlights for there boat? I can't find any waterproof one's and I need a little more light in the morning. And if anyone knows anything about building a mud motor let me know..... THANKS :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown:
buster_22
Pro Hunter

Postby talltimber » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:21 pm

I put a couple of halogen driving lights on the front of mine. They do ok, but not outstanding.
talltimber
hunter

Postby buster_22 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:56 am

are they waterproof? that was my only concerrn. Are they really bright? :tounge:
buster_22
Pro Hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:18 pm

I just use a hand held Million CP light with a rechargable abttery. About $20 for it, works Ok for me and I can definately see where I am going.

Did you check out a product called Go Lights? I heard some guys talk about them and they were pretty happy with them, but kind of pricey as I recall.

Regular driving head lights can be used if you have a big enough battery and charging system for homenade rig.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby buster_22 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:38 pm

I have three halogen handheld spot lights two, 2 million and I think the other is 3 million. The boat ride out is about 20 min and those halogens die out to nothing very quickly, thats why I thought some big headlight or lamps would work off a battery. Thanks for reading :cool:
buster_22
Pro Hunter

Postby donell67 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:54 pm

buster just wire up a plug in to your console. and get the plug in spotlight. they have them in cabelas.spotlights are used outdoors so they are generally waterproof.unless you drop it in the river. if you have tiller steering your battery is close.cut the cigarette lighter plug off the spotlight and wire on battery clamps,and just clamp it to your battery.the rechargable spotlights dont last near long enough.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds