How Much $$ would i be lookin at

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

How Much $$ would i be lookin at

Postby tealslayerblw » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:19 pm

If i were to pick up a war eagle with a trailer?
tealslayerblw
hunter

Postby HaydenHunter » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:05 am

War Eagle boats with their relatively steep hull v angle are good if you are looking to primarily fish, but also hunt. If you are looking to primarily hunt but also fish there are better hull designs ranging from flatbottom to less steep v angles. War Eagle are well crafted boats but I prefer a more open layout than they typically offer.

I am selling a 1852 custom welded Legendcraft Mod V (5 degree vs. War Eagle's 8) on a trailer. Will sell with or without motor(s). Have MB 35 HP Hyper Sport and Evinrude E-Tec 40. Boat, trailer and Hyper one season old. E-Tec is brand new. This boat hunts three very comfortably and is a good fishing platform but I am going back to a flatbottom boat as I am into getting as shallow as possible with a boat.

PM if interested.
HaydenHunter
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:48 pm

Depends if you want Semi-V, Flat bottom, how long you want it? War Eagles are pretty pricy for jon boats though. But they are pretty nice.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby Red » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:12 pm

12k and up..... You are going to pay for the name.... OOOO WAR EAGLE...
Red
hunter

Postby duckhunter6 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:07 am

This is my wareagle...have a homemade blind made to that goes on with 10 screws...cost about 15-20k not for sure though
Hunting for divers is a true mans hunt..
duckhunter6
hunter

Postby ol' yeller » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:15 pm

I disagree about paying for the name. I also disagree about their floor plan not being open enough.

There isn't an aluminum boat out there that will turn as well as a WE. These boats were originally built to twist and turn through the flooded timber in eastern AR and they still do. I have driven a lot of different brands of aluminum boats from Lowes to Alumacraft to Sea Ark to Weldbuilt to Triton to Express, etc. None handle as well as my new WE.

WE's can be ordered in a lot of different setups through a dealer. I chose to have dual gun boxes put in my 754 LDV, but other than that it is wide open from the rear bench seat to the front. You can also get seat pods if you don't want the rear bench. Of course these boats are not as custom as some custom manufacturers out there, but that's not what WE is. Their boats are very customizable for a mainstream high-volume company.

I bought my WE back in March of '05 and I will most likely never own another brand of duck boat. I'm already looking at a 20 footer so that I'll have more room for my 15 doz. decoys and 3 people that I regularly hunt with. IMO, these boats are tough and well worth the money.

As for price it really depends on what size boat and motor you want.

Here are a few pictures of mine...

ol' yeller
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:20 pm

sweet freakin boats gentleman. Wish I could afford boats like that.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds