Jon Boat Help

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Jon Boat Help

Postby huntingrdr » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:01 pm

Hello,

I am getting a cheap jon boat soon from a neighbor. It is a 12ft. flat bottom boat. I want to make a hunting /fishing boat. I will only drive it on my private 50 acre lake for hunting and fishing. I wnat to make my boat into a hunting boat. What can I do to make it into one? I want to make a cheap fold down and up blind for hunting season. I also want to add on some other stuff to it but not sure what to add. I am getting a small 4hp outboard and a trolling motor for it. What else can I do to makie it better for hunting. I am going to paint it camo. What paint should I use for it and any suggestion on what to do with it is welcome. Would be nice to have a radio in it, lights,livewell,etc.

Thanks robert
huntingrdr
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:46 pm

12 ft flat bottom typically isn't very stable (SP) and cant carry alot of weight, and you may not beable to put everything in it. We had a 10 ft that was almost overloaded with just to guys. How wide is the boat?
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby ltglock » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:39 pm

Check out http://www.mudbuddy.com/ they have some good "LITE" items for your boat.
ltglock
hunter

Postby KpHonknImRloadn » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:26 am

Since it is a private lake, will you be able to leave the dekes set? That would help out alot with the weight issue.
KpHonknImRloadn
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds