Blind Roofing

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Blind Roofing

Postby gvegas88 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:05 pm

I am currently constructing one of two blinds that I need to build before next season, and I have everything planned out except for the roof. I want the edge of it set back behind the bench seat maybe 1-2 ft and have it angled up and high enough still be able to see like I want. The floor of the blind is 4'x8' and it is on 4x4 posts about 2 ft outta the water. Its in an open swamp with woodies and the occasional greenhead. I am wondering what to use for the roof, I am planning on using either ply wood or OSB board for the sides, depending on how much money me and my buddie can fork up. the floor is made of 1x6 deck boards, and the bench 2x12x8. The roof does need to hold up to HURRICANE force winds, I know its alot to ask, but here in NC there is always a good chance we will get one this way. I'm workin on some pics now, hope to have them by next week. :thumbsup:
Tyler
gvegas88
hunter

Postby blindretrieve » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:36 pm

I used something from lowes I forgot what it is called, but it is in the roofing section, and it comes in green 4x6 sheets and it has ripples in it. It is some kind of new material, anyways i used that to cover the entire blind, much cheaper and last longer than wood
My lab is smarter than your honor student
blindretrieve
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:34 am

If you can know someone that had one of those above ground swimming pools 3 or 4 feet. The plastic ones were pretty thick. The last blind I roofed was with this that was 6 years ago and it is still there doesnt leak and has been under water three times and through some high winds.
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby Fowlercon » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:08 pm

Treated Plywood

[siteimg]1128[/siteimg]
"It is not the function of our Government to keep the citizen from falling
into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the Government from
falling into error."
Fowlercon
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds