Anyone got a 25HP Yamaha 2 stroke with electric start?

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Anyone got a 25HP Yamaha 2 stroke with electric start?

Postby Flyingbrass » Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:58 pm

They just started offering this motor, an4 electric start version of the 25HP 2 stroke a few months ago. Before this, they offered a manual start 25HP 2 stroke and I was wondering if it was the same exact motor and will they continue to offer it past 2006? All comments are welcome.
Edited to clarify.
Last edited by Flyingbrass on Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flyingbrass
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:47 pm

Im not sure of the question. They have offered the 25 hp yamaha with or without electric start for at least 20 years. I am not sure how much longer the two stroke will be available though. Most all companies have phased them out or are in the process.
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby ol' yeller » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:28 am

I agree with smackaduck. They've offered 2-stroke 25's for quite some time. I had a '90 2-stroke pull start 25 Yamaha and it was the best damn motor I've ever had. The only gripe I ever had with it is it didn't want to idle when it was in the low-teens or single digits. I would have to start it, put it into gear and then get on it or it would die.
ol' yeller
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds