built my own duck boat! (pic heavy)

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Re: built my own duck boat! (pic heavy)

Postby grizz18 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:34 am

DuckhunterF250 wrote:
grizz18 wrote:Is the big float pod in the back your gas tank?

im guessing you mean huntdeck on the very rear of the boat? if so its not a gas tank, its just a part of the boat that has its own purpose like getting in boat alot easier when wading because its lower to the water and the main purpose is that its a perfect place to have for a dog platform. our dogs hunt from there and they are out of the boat and its easier to get em back on the boat back there and they wont get everybody wet inside the boat. underneath that is open and i hide my battery and bilge pump underneath to keep out of the way. its also nice because on a scissor blind the motor is 18" further back and all the way out of the blind. i could go on and on of the reasons why i like the huntdeck. my gas access is inside the front extended deck along with a dual bank charger and my trolling motor battery. to fill up the tank if you look in the picture of the front deck you will see a black circle cap that screws off and i have access to the tank.

here is whats underneath the huntdeck

Gotcha.

I really like that hunt deck, the benefits are great. Especially extending the motor back, and the storage underneath.
grizz18
Squatch Life

Postby Rhock19 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:46 pm

Did you wire feed or TIG weld it all? Also is the first pic how the hull came? Seen a few builds and interesred in doing it myself. Looks like a fun project. Yours turned out really well!
Rhock19
hunter

Postby threedogs » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:42 pm

TomKat wrote:I think you should have got a loan and bought one ready made. Nice work though.

WHY ?Ya just cant stand the fact that somebody else can do their own work, can ya?
Thread Killer
threedogs
hunter

Postby DuckhunterF250 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:46 am

Rhock19 wrote:Did you wire feed or TIG weld it all? Also is the first pic how the hull came? Seen a few builds and interesred in doing it myself. Looks like a fun project. Yours turned out really well!

Thanks! I MIG it all, I have a miller 350p with a alumapro push pull setup. yes the first pic is how I had it broke out.
SetxPerformance Pro-Staff
DuckhunterF250
hunter

Postby Rhock19 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:11 pm

Awesome, looks great. I only have a tig available but will look for a mig. Tig welding it would take forever. Great job on the boat! You have inspired me to start a project next year!
Rhock19
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:51 pm

You got skills!
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:19 pm

Why can't I see the pics!?!?!!
JD
And on the 9th day, God looked down on his planned paradise and said, "now that I have a caretaker, I need a protector." So God made a hunter...
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Postby mudpack » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:43 am

I am impressed.

(and I'm not easily impressed.....!)
mudpack
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:38 pm

Wow! Great Work!
JD
And on the 9th day, God looked down on his planned paradise and said, "now that I have a caretaker, I need a protector." So God made a hunter...
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Previous

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds