Boat Blind Material?

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Boat Blind Material?

Postby DuckAndDogBoy » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:32 am

Hey guys. Time to replace the material on the folding top of the boat blind. What kind of material do you use?
DuckAndDogBoy
hunter

Re: Boat Blind Material?

Postby dwbiggs » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:33 am

I'm looking to get Cordura to make a cover for my canoe...heard it hold up well.
Bonafide member of the National Ringneck Hunters Association(NRHA)
dwbiggs
hunter

Postby FOWLER2671 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:22 am

If you have a Paypal account look at Magnafabriks.
Army Surplus Prostaffer
FOWLER2671
hunter

Postby rds0523 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:21 pm

dwbiggs wrote:I'm looking to get Cordura to make a cover for my canoe...heard it hold up well.

Are you just making a cover or are you making some type of blind?
rds0523
hunter

Postby rds0523 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:23 pm

DuckAndDogBoy wrote:Hey guys. Time to replace the material on the folding top of the boat blind. What kind of material do you use?

I bought some of this, it looks great and is very well constructed. they sell it in different lengths or custom cut sizes

http://shop.vtarmynavy.com/dead-duck-ca ... p9636.aspx
rds0523
hunter

Postby BuckCreek » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:19 pm

FOWLER2671 wrote:If you have a Paypal account look at Magnafabriks.

Please don't go to manga fabrics I had the guy there lie to me through his teeth. He has real low ratings on better business bureau. I had to tell him I called bbb to get money back. I ordered from a site I found on here can't remember name may search for it. Oh magna gave me a false ups number which I verified with ups that it was false.
BuckCreek
hunter

Postby loner » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:15 pm

look up snyder creek camo, good people to deal with.
loner
hunter

Postby FOWLER2671 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:01 pm

BuckCreek wrote:
FOWLER2671 wrote:If you have a Paypal account look at Magnafabriks.

Please don't go to manga fabrics I had the guy there lie to me through his teeth. He has real low ratings on better business bureau. I had to tell him I called bbb to get money back. I ordered from a site I found on here can't remember name may search for it. Oh magna gave me a false ups number which I verified with ups that it was false.

You need to use a Paypal account and order online. I ended up with about 40 yards of 1000D for for $120 plus shipping in coyote brown which works fine under camo nets.
Army Surplus Prostaffer
FOWLER2671
hunter

Postby FOWLER2671 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:08 pm

These are swatches. Mine was one large piece with one seam. It coverd two complete duck blinds with some leaft over. I had Avery style flip tops on each side with the rain tops style cover which took extra materiel.

http://www.magnafabrics.com/category/cordura.htm
Army Surplus Prostaffer
FOWLER2671
hunter

Postby DuckAndDogBoy » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:33 pm

thanks guys. i'm just trying to find something to cover the top part of the blind. you know, the part that flips down
DuckAndDogBoy
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:48 am

BuckCreek wrote:Please don't go to manga fabrics I had the guy there lie to me through his teeth. He has real low ratings on better business bureau. I had to tell him I called bbb to get money back. I ordered from a site I found on here can't remember name may search for it. Oh magna gave me a false ups number which I verified with ups that it was false.

Bump and buyer FYI. I ordered through Magna and my initial order was baited and switched. I purchased a roll of 35 yards that was in stock at the time of purchase and then later told only 45 yard rolls were. So, a he charged me the difference.

Well, over the weekend I went to go pick up my packages and there was another roll from Magna that was shipped to me. I never ordered it! Doing the right thing I called there this morning. What a jerk! He was a total prick. He tried to charge me for the roll and asking me to keep it. I don't need it! I tried to give him my info to send me a label to ship it back and he was more of a c*ck about it. Finally, we disconnected and nothing was settled except "send me your info," which I did via email. I'm sure I will see a charge for this BS.

Before anyone orders, beware of the trouble people are having. My initial purchase went smoothly, but never did I receive a tracking number and never verified the roll length. I requested for a tracking number and emails went unanswered along with telephone calls.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby glrizzz » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:46 am

If you want a killer blind that actually draws ducks, try corn stalks. Yes, corn stalks-just hog ring yo some seine netting or other. By law you cannot have the ears of corn on them, but just attach artificial corn ears or paint some of the leaves bright yellow. Killer! Remember who told you this.................
glrizzz
hunter

Postby T Man » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:39 am

glrizzz wrote:If you want a killer blind that actually draws ducks, try corn stalks. Yes, corn stalks-just hog ring yo some seine netting or other. By law you cannot have the ears of corn on them, but just attach artificial corn ears or paint some of the leaves bright yellow. Killer! Remember who told you this.................

Corn stalks dont work worth a crap if you are hunting in timber. Before you post in everyones thread, remember, yours is one, way, not the only way.
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby KillerKowalski » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:38 pm

glrizzz wrote:Remember who told you this.................

I'll remember. Maybe if I was hunting a dry corn field from a boat. Ha. Wait...I wouldn't need the boat if it was dry. Polatck.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby FFT » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:56 pm

Hunter designs, 500 denier for 15 bucks a yard.

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk 2
FFT
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:42 pm

FFT wrote:Hunter designs, 500 denier for 15 bucks a yard.

Over priced.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby jareds124 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:05 pm

Check out any local fabric store with a large selection. In the NW we have joAnne fabric and they carry several colors of heavy duty cordura for $6-9 a yard.
jareds124
hunter

Postby FFT » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:53 am

KillerKowalski wrote:
FFT wrote:Hunter designs, 500 denier for 15 bucks a yard.

Over priced.

Can you point me to a cheaper source?

FFT
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:38 am

Magna Fabrics. I really hate to refer you but can't beat prices. I got Tactical Khaki shipped for $3.40 a yard and it's 1000D. I checked last week and he had a few 20 yard rolls. I was forced to buy a 45 yard roll.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds