Duck Boat Project

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Re: Duck Boat Project

Postby LSUduckslayer » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:56 am

david95 wrote:Great lookin boat! A lot time and work invested!

Thanks bud! It's been one hell of a boat. I love it!
Fear God, love your neighbor, and shoot ducks.
LSUduckslayer
hunter

Postby LSUduckslayer » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:00 am

gearhead80 wrote:Great work on the build!! Thinking about stealing or barrowing your idea... haha. One question, how big did cut that burlap material before attaching it to the 3-d material? I am thinking about doing the some of that to mix in and help with the grass cover I already have. I like how bushy it looks..

Sorry for getting back to you so late. I haven't had time to get on here lately. But, if you haven't built the blind for your boat yet. What I did was cut about a foot long piece of burlap and than folded it in half and zip tied from the middle of the fold to the 3D material. Thanks for the complements!
LSUduckslayer
hunter

Postby LSUduckslayer » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:01 am

canderso wrote:Great work. I have an alumacraft and mine had a factory installed floor. It was done the same way. Hard foam board to the height of the ribs and then thin sheet aluminum riveted to the ribs.

Thanks man!
LSUduckslayer
hunter

Postby LSUduckslayer » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:02 am

ZachGrantham4 wrote:How much did you spend on that sheet? I'm looking into doing mine the same way

If I can remember correctly, I spent around $30 for it.
LSUduckslayer
hunter

Postby LSUduckslayer » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:04 am

mowaterfowl wrote:Damn fine work...damn fine indeed. There is nothing more satisfying than realizing your vision and then succeeding with it. Also, you will never be satisfied with it...you will be consumed by how you can improve on it. You will find yourself sitting on the throne thinking about what you can do next. When you start to contemplate how you can get a stripper pole in it, you've just about got it perfected. If you figure that out...send me a PM. :grooving:

Hahaha, that'll be my next project!
LSUduckslayer
hunter

Previous

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds