Got some updated pics. I painted the blind frame tan or khaki, which ever you prefer.
Then fitted a camo tarp from Harbor Freight. I am a bit sceptical on the longevity of this, but it was cheap and is much lighter than the other fabrics I had. I figure if it makes it through the one season, I will be happy.
Then I fitted the military die cut camo. Once the tarp and the die cut were zip tied on, I cut the bottom. It is probably still a little long, but I will wait to see it on the water for some final trimming.
Then I set the blind down to see how it would fold and lay on the gunwhales. I discovered my pile of raffia grass waiting to go back on the netting. That looks like it is going to take a while and quite a few zip ties along the way!
This is the plan for putting the raffia on the blind this year. Like I said, I think this is going to take a few evenings. Take a piece of cardboard about 6-8" long. Wrap a couple of strands of raffia around the cardboard. The pinch one end and cut the loops on the other end. Kind of like making a broom. Then zip tie the top of the raffia randomly to the camo netting. Repeat for the next 25lbs of raffia.
After adding a few staggered layers of grass, the density begins to build up. Starting to look like a mound of cut hay, straw or a pile of dried grass.
Fear God, love your neighbor, and hunt ducks. . . . The Duck Commander