DUCKBOAT IDEAS????

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

DUCKBOAT IDEAS????

Postby BJMMI » Thu Nov 25, 2004 6:13 am

hello all,
I am building a duckboat from a 20 ft pontoon boat and i am iso pics and ideas....i only want to do this once....i have a pretty good idea of what i am going to do but any ideas would be wonderful......also is an outboard motor going to work ok....i will post pics as i build.....THANKS
BJMMI
Newb

Postby ol' yeller » Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:26 pm

An outboard will work fine. I haven't built one, but have hunted out of one at a club here. Pretty much all they did was build a regular duck blind on the deck and bench setup for shooters. They had a decoy storage bin in a back corner along with mounted heaters that ran off of the large propane bottles. They rigged a Coleman stove up to run off of the bottle too. You'll probably have to figure everything out by trial and error. Nobody knows how you hunt or your preferences on some things other than yourself. I will definitely be interested in seeing some pictures because a pontoon blind will be my next project.

yeller
ol' yeller
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds