Sport V

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Sport V

Postby lmt out » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:36 am

Anyone hear anything about the new mudbuddy sport V. They look pretty good, I am thinking of ordering one.
lmt out
hunter

Re: Sport V

Postby Lacoonass » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:53 pm

Yea the first one that was delivered to a customer broke off his transom while being trailered to the boat Ramp.
Lacoonass
hunter

Postby Remman » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:44 am

I would wait, at least let them get the bugs worked out.
There is no such thing as a stranger,....... Just friends I haven't met!

"Failure isn't not knowing how to post a picture. Failure is doing it twice and then catching a wise attitude about it."....... Paul D
Remman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Pumpgunner » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:48 pm

I agree with these guys, they look promising but personally I'd never buy a brand new design right out of the gate, I'd wait a few years for the kinks to get worked out. They could be awesome motors though!
Avery- the K-Mart of waterfowl gear.
Pumpgunner
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:06 am

id get in line bud. from what i hear, theres guys who have been waiting a LONG time who have paid in full already, months ahead of time and still dont have one.
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby lmt out » Thu May 16, 2013 1:26 pm

My motor shipped yesterday, tracking says it will be here Monday. Can't wait to get it on the boat and test it out.
lmt out
hunter

Postby FRANKtheTAU » Thu May 16, 2013 2:25 pm

lmt out wrote:My motor shipped yesterday, tracking says it will be here Monday. Can't wait to get it on the boat and test it out.

Congrats. What kind of boat is it going on?
FRANKtheTAU
hunter

Postby lmt out » Thu May 16, 2013 9:48 pm

It's going on a tracker grizzly 1860. I know its not a mudboat but I have had the same set up before except the motor was a 35 hyper sport. It was perfect for me, I don't run in alot of mud but on occasion I do and a few stumps. I mainly run mud motors cause I don't like worrying about water pumps and lower units.
lmt out
hunter

Postby FRANKtheTAU » Fri May 17, 2013 12:17 pm

Take plenty of pics and video so we can see that motor in action.
FRANKtheTAU
hunter

Postby lmt out » Wed May 22, 2013 10:34 pm

Got my motor tuesday its on the boat. Haven't taken it out yet but will soon looks awesome. Wondering about all of the people saying they paid for a motor and its been months and still don't have motor?
lmt out
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Sat May 25, 2013 1:49 am

lmt out wrote:Got my motor tuesday its on the boat. Haven't taken it out yet but will soon looks awesome. Wondering about all of the people saying they paid for a motor and its been months and still don't have motor?

pics???
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby goosie119 » Sun May 26, 2013 3:47 pm

lmt out wrote:Got my motor tuesday its on the boat. Haven't taken it out yet but will soon looks awesome. Wondering about all of the people saying they paid for a motor and its been months and still don't have motor?

i'm calling bs... :rolleyes:
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

If you have your kill counts in your signature then you're automatically a dbag!
goosie119
hunter

Postby lmt out » Tue May 28, 2013 12:57 pm

Here's a picture of my BS. Paid for it on 4-28-13 received it 5-21-13.
Attachments
this too.jpg
this one.jpg
lmt out
hunter

Postby goosie119 » Tue May 28, 2013 1:20 pm

yeah ok, i'm sure you just happened to order one a couple weeks ago when there are hundreds of other guys who put deposits down years ago that haven't got theirs yet... :fingerhead:

If you have your kill counts in your signature then you're automatically a dbag!
goosie119
hunter

Postby lmt out » Tue May 28, 2013 2:19 pm

I am telling you I had heard all of the stories my self. I had just talked to Clint from Mudbuddy and he told me that it would be july before I got my motor. I told him that I did not want to be waiting till the week before duck season like when I bought my hypersport a few years ago. He said not to worry I would have it by july I said ok and hung up. Two hours later I got a call from Jaime asking me if I was ready for my motor. So I said yes and paid her via a debit card. Then she proceeded to tell me that they were making my motor, I was very skeptical and wished I had not paid for the motor but I decided to ride it out for a while. I called the next week and she said that it wasn't ready and I called at the beginning of the next week and she said it wasn't ready. She called me on Thursday and said it shipped it got here on Tuesday the 21st and I put it on my boat. What I just wrote is the truth and I have the pics and the proof when the money came out of my bank account. If you would like to drive to Clinton, Missouri I will show you. I have no strings to pull with mudbuddy I am just a normal duck hunter from the Midwest. Believe me if they had jerked me around I would be on here telling everyone. Maybe you should not be so quick to call someone a liar. :hammer:
lmt out
hunter

Postby goosie119 » Tue May 28, 2013 2:37 pm

congrats, guess you're one of the luckiest guys on the earth. you should be out showing it off testing it out and rubbing it in the faces of the guys that have been waiting forever. :thumbsup:

goosie119
hunter

Postby lmt out » Tue May 28, 2013 2:50 pm

I agree they still have not sent my transom saver, which they are saying is on back order. I do feel for somebody that has paid months ago and don't have a motor yet. I definitely would not wait that long. I don't understand how I got mine and they don't, doesn't make sense. I am not going to complain though. I was considering ordering a gatortail my buddy has one and they are tough as nails. I did not like the trim on it, it seemed like it took for ever to trim up or down. But they are great motors.
lmt out
hunter

Postby Surfj9009 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:44 am

Any more Sport V updates or videos?
Anybody else get one?
Surfj9009
hunter

Postby Mallard06 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:10 am

Mudbuddy has grown to the point where they are having trouble meeting demand. As a business owner myself, that's not all that bad of a problem to have, but If you don't manage it, it can bite you in the azz.

There are a lot of guys who have been waiting a LONG time for their motors. I think the mistake MudBuddy made was releasing the motors and pre-selling before they were even finished with the engineering dynamics. With all the casting, fabricating and R&D, it has taken a lot longer than I think MudBuddy anticipated.

Some people are pretty pissed off over the wait. From the guys who have received their motors though, supposedly they are pretty bad azz.
1754 Excel SW F4 / Mud Buddy Black Death 4200
Mallard06
hunter

Postby Surfj9009 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:56 am

Well hopefully they won't take forever during the second half of this year. I just put my deposit down on one today.
Surfj9009
hunter

Postby Poboy » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:04 pm

I just ordered 1751 excel f4 with 36 sport v. The place I bought it from had a sport v in house that was already sold. Said he had 2 more on the way, should arrive mid August. Boat will be 5 weeks out. Going to be a long wait.
Poboy
hunter

Postby threedogs » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:06 pm

So lmt out , it's been long enough for you to have used your boat and give some statistics. Whats up or did you actually not get one? Perhaps your pictures were of someone elses?
Thread Killer
threedogs
hunter

Postby lmt out » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:37 pm

threedogs wrote:So lmt out , it's been long enough for you to have used your boat and give some statistics. Whats up or did you actually not get one? Perhaps your pictures were of someone elses?

Yes, brain surgeon, I took pics of someone else's boat and motor, you got me. I have ran my motor a couple of times just to see how it runs, it ran fine no problems. It is summer time and I am walleye fishing. I will start getting ready for duck season in a couple months. I am not the kind of guy who cares if my motor goes 27mph or 27.1mph. I worry more about killing ducks.
lmt out
hunter

Postby threedogs » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:37 am

lmt out wrote:
threedogs wrote:So lmt out , it's been long enough for you to have used your boat and give some statistics. Whats up or did you actually not get one? Perhaps your pictures were of someone elses?

Yes, brain surgeon, I took pics of someone else's boat and motor, you got me. I have ran my motor a couple of times just to see how it runs, it ran fine no problems. It is summer time and I am walleye fishing. I will start getting ready for duck season in a couple months. I am not the kind of guy who cares if my motor goes 27mph or 27.1mph. I worry more about killing ducks.

Don't be a dumb azz . Just post us a vid if you have one. If you don't go make one.
Thread Killer
threedogs
hunter

Postby coulterville33 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:24 am

Sport v update. My hunting buddy ordered an excel boat and sport v approx 3 months ago and it was delivered around a week ago. He took a tour of factory while picking it up and from what he can gather boat and motor packages are first demand. I'm going to get in the boat in the next few weeks and will take some video. He tells me its an awesome motor and is working great. I'll post more we I get in it

1860 excel with sport v 4300 rpm running 28 mph he did up the jet per factory recommendation for his size of boat
coulterville33
hunter

Next

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds