MoMarsh DP or 4Rivers EBADS

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Re: MoMarsh DP or 4Rivers EBADS

Postby John Duck » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:24 am

Yuchi1 wrote:Bill,

That's why I asked about the hull configurantion as most of the videos I've seen (on it) show the bow riding up in the air as a displacement hull will so do. I can put the 15HP Mariner on the Barnegat Bay sneakboat (dad built in '85) style hull and have enough HP to force the hull over to a parallel attitude to the water and run it at 29MPH, whereas the 9.8HP Tohatsu doesn't have enough "umph" to get it over and the bow rides at a ~20 degree angle and pushes it at 19MPH with the same loading.

That is because the build type of the BB sneak boat prevents being about to load and distribute weight properly. A boat with a great hull that weights only 72 lb. lets you load any way you need to and will plane with a 2 1/2 HP motor with weight forward. Revolutionary! It's call the x-13 Sportspal.
John Duck
hunter

Postby lostknife4 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:29 am

That's why I asked about the hull configurantion as most of the videos I've seen (on it) show the bow riding up in the air as a displacement hull will so do. I can put the 15HP Mariner on the Barnegat Bay sneakboat (dad built in '85) style hull and have enough HP to force the hull over to a parallel attitude to the water and run it at 29MPH, whereas the 9.8HP Tohatsu doesn't have enough "umph" to get it over and the bow rides at a ~20 degree angle and pushes it at 19MPH with the same loading.

Most cases with marginal power on these style boats weight distribution is the prime factor. I use an extension handle to control the 2.5 Yamaha while sitting almost mid cockpit. Slight changes in my position make a big change in performance.
Lost
"It's not the game but the chase ~ not the trophy but the race !" from my Dad, many years ago.
lostknife4
hunter

Postby John Duck » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:57 pm

lostknife4 wrote:My 11foot 4Rivers Migrator will plane at 6.5 MPH with a 2.5 hp Yamaha 4 stroke
Lost

My x-13 Sportspal will plane at 15 -18 with same motor and 18-22 with 4 HP all with one person aboard. 2 people really cut down the performance. With the 4 hp, it will still plane at 10-12 mph with 2 hunters and light gear.
John Duck
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:03 pm

lostknife4 wrote:

Most cases with marginal power on these style boats weight distribution is the prime factor. I use an extension handle to control the 2.5 Yamaha while sitting almost mid cockpit. Slight changes in my position make a big change in performance.
Lost

Running the 15HP, I sit in the stern area on a square bucket/seat and it comes over on plane in ~15 yards while with the 9.8HP, I sit as far forward in the cockpit as allowed and move the gas tank, etc. forward with me yet she still rides up with the bow.
Sent from my Sumerian tablets

Does the number of bands claimed simply mean you have an Ebay account?

FSH Pro Staffer

High Potentate, NSSB (no spinning shotcup brotherhood)
Yuchi1
hunter

Postby lostknife4 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:19 pm

Pull the tilt adjusting pin out and let the prop end of the motor come as far forward as possible, this sounds like a trim problem. You might even try some wedges to force the bottom end forward if the trim pin doesn't allow it to go far enough.
Lost
"It's not the game but the chase ~ not the trophy but the race !" from my Dad, many years ago.
lostknife4
hunter

Postby Rhett3454 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:00 pm

do these bad boys come with the trailers? if not what are you guys using to haul them?
'Merica, F**K Yeah
Rhett3454
hunter

Postby coulterville33 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:09 pm

They do not they will fit in back of truck to get them home but I use a 14 ft Jon boat trailer some guys use a flat bed trailer or jet ski trailers.
coulterville33
hunter

Postby Rhett3454 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:01 pm

do you have to modify the jet ski trailer at all for it to fit or is it just enough to secure it well?
'Merica, F**K Yeah
Rhett3454
hunter

Postby coulterville33 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:18 pm

I would think it would be a close fit. I have not used one I know I didn't adjust much on my Jon trailer if you do a search there has been threads on layout trailers was pic heavy might help ya out
coulterville33
hunter

Postby SMcGarrity » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:00 pm

I had to modify the jet ski trailer. Extended the tongue and new guide rails b/c it was just too short.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
SMcGarrity
hunter

Postby Rhett3454 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:38 pm

Roger, thanks gentlemen :thumbsup:
'Merica, F**K Yeah
Rhett3454
hunter

Previous

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds