Waterfowl beginning!

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Waterfowl beginning!

Postby Ckoceja4 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:54 am

Hello I am Cody Koceja and am getting into waterfowl hunting, I am just looking for some information on what type of boats good to begin with? Mud motor? Calls? Places to go? I have a chessie and am getting her trained to hunt with me..I appreciate any info you all can give me on here!
Thanks, Cody
Ckoceja4
hunter

Re: Waterfowl beginning!

Postby m.teeter » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:32 pm

Type of boat, mud motor or outboard all depends on what style of waterfowling you'll be doing and what kinds of waters you will be encountering. Same goes with decoys as well as other gear.
m.teeter
hunter

Postby MissedAgain » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:37 pm

Best to see if your state has a waterfowl org and join that - the members will usually be happy to help you and probably take you hunting too.
What duck?
MissedAgain
hunter

Postby redneckwino » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:58 pm

For me in the frozen north of Michigan, a mud motor could only be best on one pond I hunt. But I can still do it with a trolling motor and the outboard everywhere else. It really is up to where you hunt and not so much about what others like. Also what boat you would be setting it up on. If you are ever up in my area, message me and I will take you hunting.
redneckwino
hunter

Postby Ckoceja4 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:42 pm

Thanks for the info! I appreciate it and if there's anything else I need to know just let me know..are flooded wooded areas better than open waters? But where can I look for a waterfowl org? And if I'm ever in Michigan I will let you know for sure!
Ckoceja4
hunter

Postby fowllife08 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:58 pm

Where are you located? Timber vs open water don't really matter. If the ducks have something to eat that's where there going. X2 on the clubs and what not they have a lot of good info here. Get to know your birds, the species and find out where your going to be hunting which ones like it there better. Get familiar with the species. It would suck if your out there ipening mornong of teal and bust two woodys that come in early.
my idea of happiness is killin' ducks
fowllife08
hunter

Postby Ckoceja4 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:18 pm

I am located in Florida but I understand I need to find where the foods at and be sure I know which species I'm going after, I will have to look up that website you mentioned to find out more about things and get ready for the upcoming season
Ckoceja4
hunter

Postby SWAMPMAN2 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:51 am

Where do you live in fl.I live in south west fl but also hunt lake O .The hunting here is great I hunt out of A sneak box that way I can get way back where the ducks are teal ring neck blue bill pin tale and A lot more.If I can help just ask swampman
SWAMPMAN2
hunter

Postby Ckoceja4 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:45 pm

I now live in dade city Florida and am looking for somebody to go hunting with this season so let me know if anybody needs partner so I can learn from an experienced hunter
Ckoceja4
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds