Carsten Puddler

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Carsten Puddler

Postby chrisss » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:14 pm

Looking for reviews on this layout boat and if any has any modifications that they would recommend on it.
chrisss
hunter

Re: Carsten Puddler

Postby threedogs » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:07 am

Search field, just like google.
Thread Killer
threedogs
hunter

Postby dklaus1201 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:32 am

I got one used last fall and absolutely love it. Built up a makeshift transom for a trolling motor. I have no problem getting around the marsh with 3-4 doz decoys, motor and all the gear. No problem hiding at all. It's a pretty good boat if you're just one guy without a dog.
Bill Herian wrote:If by "barrel stickers" you mean easy women, then yes, I fully endorse.
dklaus1201
hunter

Postby Teamboulderdash » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:28 am

Do you have any pictures of your transom that you built. I made a weed eater MM and mounted it, but would be interested in putting a electric motor on other times.
Teamboulderdash
hunter

Postby GeeLeDouche » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:19 pm

I have a puddler and I like it a lot. It has a high weight limit, more than most layout boats and is reasonably stable. I love the green color of it too, I think it matches our marsh conditions here just about perfect. they are easy to paddle around. I like it!
I AM COMMADEERING THIS AIRBOAT!
GeeLeDouche
hunter

Postby Mark F. Cheney » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:58 pm

Gee,

Long time no talk! Do you haul the puddler on your jon boat? Or have you abandoned the mud motor for a paddle?

Mark F. Cheney
utahmarshmotors.com on the Great Salt Lake marsh

801 721 3293
Mark F. Cheney
DHC Sponsor

Postby dklaus1201 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:53 pm

Teamboulderdash wrote:Do you have any pictures of your transom that you built. I made a weed eater MM and mounted it, but would be interested in putting a electric motor on other times.

I dont have any pics of the transom, i basically just used some 2x4's to reinforce both sides of the cockpit in the back right corner. Then i just put the trolling motor on that. Its not the ideal situation, but i'm going to try to remedy that before this season. Here is a pic from last season. It has a homemade blind that i bought with it. How do you like your weedwacker MM? I was thinking about trying to buy/build one, but can get by for now.
Attachments
photo.JPG
Bill Herian wrote:If by "barrel stickers" you mean easy women, then yes, I fully endorse.
dklaus1201
hunter

Postby chrisss » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:51 pm

dklaus1201 wrote:
Teamboulderdash wrote:Do you have any pictures of your transom that you built. I made a weed eater MM and mounted it, but would be interested in putting a electric motor on other times.

I dont have any pics of the transom, i basically just used some 2x4's to reinforce both sides of the cockpit in the back right corner. Then i just put the trolling motor on that. Its not the ideal situation, but i'm going to try to remedy that before this season. Here is a pic from last season. It has a homemade blind that i bought with it. How do you like your weedwacker MM? I was thinking about trying to buy/build one, but can get by for now.

How do you lay in it? I was thinking of find some kind a board inside but still haven't made up my mind yet
chrisss
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds