attaching netting to kayak Quesion

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

attaching netting to kayak Quesion

Postby Pond_Hopper » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:01 pm

Ok I have made blind doors for my kayak, and camoed it out. Now I am looking to attach netting to the entire outside, top, front, and back to my kayak. Once the netting is attached to the kayak I am going to zip tie raffia grass to the netting. For those of you that have done this do you just drill holes in the kayak and screw in the netting with a washer? Not 100% sure the best way to do this. I know there are some threads on this, but I cant find any posts or responses on how that net is attached. Thanks for the help, when I figure out how to post pics I will.
Pond_Hopper
hunter

Re: attaching netting to kayak Quesion

Postby Pond_Hopper » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:15 pm

Any ideas out there
Pond_Hopper
hunter

Postby Mark in WI » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:03 pm

Without pics or at least a few more details its hard to help. That said you could add an eyelet on each end and run a bungee cord to the frame of your blind doors. If you are drilling holes I would add some silicone when you put in your hard where so you don't get any leaks. If you just want to drape a net over the boat then string some bulk bungee cord from a few eyelets and attach the netting to it. Kayaks are so small and low profile that you shouldn't need a whole lot for it to blend in.
Mark in WI
hunter

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:26 am

This is what I did on mine. Maybe you can use some of the ideas to apply to yours.
http://archeryrob.wordpress.com/2013/03/20/waterfowl-blind-for-a-commander-kayak/

What kind of kayak do you have?
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." my motto

There is nothing better than hunting with friends and then crackin' a couple of cold ones afterwards.
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Trout&Duck » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:39 pm

What I did was just make a removable cover, by weaving black bungee cord through the holes in the netting, folding the extra under it and zip-tying it. No holes in the boat and easy to transport.
Trout&Duck
hunter

Postby Nsea » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:33 pm

Use small pieces of sticky back industrial velcro on the yak, the camo netting or whatever you have must be very clean for it to stick. You may have to sow it on but it works well.
Nsea
Newb

Postby 2500hdon37s » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:48 pm

My little brother runs 2 ATV cargo nets on his kayak that he hunts from. one on each end. that would be very easy to put rafia on and it holds natural stuff very well when you get to where you hunt.

I put a single bungee rope/cord all the around the perimeter of my boat and ran it through nylon pad eyes. I chose to rivet them on vs. bolting them. It was still cheaper for me to rivet them on after buying a new rivet gun at Horrible Freight tools. (like $4? and then rivets and washers cost me another $6-7) I also have an ATV cargo net, holds stuff in the boat during travel and holds lots of natural stuff.

bungee cargo ATV and motorcycle nets are cheap and can be had in MANY different sizes and they offer lots of different mounting options that dont have to be permanent.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds