boat blind pics

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

boat blind pics

Postby gahunter706 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:37 pm

Got a G3 1756 with an Avery quickset earlier this summer. Bought 10 packs of the beavertail ghillie grass when it went on sale and was able to brush in one full side of the blind and the top portion on the other half. All of the grass was light tan when I got it so I used RIT dye and did dark brown, dark green, and tan.

gahunter706
hunter

Re: boat blind pics

Postby ds541 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:46 pm

looks good:I'm putting a blind on my boat this season i think i'll try and and cover it with the raffia grass i like the way yours turned out.any idea how well the raffia grass holds up.
ds541
Newb

Postby gahunter706 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:52 am

ds541 wrote:looks good:I'm putting a blind on my boat this season i think i'll try and and cover it with the raffia grass i like the way yours turned out.any idea how well the raffia grass holds up.

I have never used raffia before now, but I think it should hold up for atleast 3-4 seasons as long as you keep it out of the sun when storing the boat.
gahunter706
hunter

Postby Jimi Nugent » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:01 am

That looks great. I picked up a G3 1756 this summer too, and ordered the cabelas northern flight blind with the marsh grass to cover it. Have not yet installed the blind but as soon as archery elk/deer season is over that will be top priority! I'll add some pics here when I get it all together. Best of luck to you this upcoming season with your new rig!
Jimi Nugent
Newb

Postby VAduckhunter08 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:49 pm

Looks good. I just put a blind on using plans from www.morninglimit.com $15 bucks for the plans and it came out to about $120 when it was all said and done. I ordered the grass mats from bass Pro. I've been told they will last years if taken care of. Also depends on how much and how far you trailer your boat. Still need to get pics. Should get some this weekend.
VAduckhunter08
hunter

Postby godevil2921 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:55 pm

Wow that G3 has a lot of material on it. I just put new nets on my quick set and found that I needed about 1/3 of what I was using on my old nets. I've built a ton of blinds and I wish I'd have know this in my younger days. This one is much lighter and compact. I have more room for gear in the boat. I guess if you blend into your surroundings it really doesn't matter what you do or how you do it. The rafia is the stuff I wish I knew about when I was younger. I used to use old burlap bags we'd sew together and tear up and spray paint. Add some cattails and brush and viola! We were shooting birds. My dad used to tell me when we went to a bait and tackle store and I'd go pick up a flashy lure- "that thing catches more fisherman than fish"- I find that saying to have some meaning when you go into some of these big box hunting stores. There is a gizmo or new camo pattern or hunting device dreamed up every minute it seems. KISS theory is what you need when it comes to boat blinds.
Attachments
new nets.JPG
new nets
rice field.JPG
old nets
godevil2921
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds